- NORTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Vadum, Matthew; McDonald, Michael; Braun, Martin Z.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p31
Reports developments on the United States bond market as of October 2001. Details on the planning process of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority; Appointment of Michael Shepherd and Vance Bowman as Camden County building inspector and democratic committeeman; Resignation of Louis R....
- Capital watch. Ferris, Craig T.; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30822, p5
Deals with bond-related issues at federal government agencies in the United States, current as of February 4, 2000. Includes United States Department of Transportation's awarding of a loan guarantee to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority; Introduction of a bill that bans...
- D.C. Agency Sees $2.8B Virginia Vote as Crucial to Metro Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p4
Reports the reliance of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority on the passage of the bond initiative on the November ballot in Virginia. Expansion on Metro subway service; Bond provision on the ballot.
- ESCALATOR PROJECT RECEIVES APTA AWARD. // Elevator World;Sep2007, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p39
The article announces that the escalator modernization project of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority has received the first Transit Elevator and Escalator Project of the Year Award from the American Public Transportation Association.
- WMATA TO ACCELERATE ESCALATOR REPAIRS. // Elevator World;Nov2011, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p28
The article reports that the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) is accelerating the repair of Metro escalators at various stations in Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland.
- Refinancing saves dollars for WMATA and the U.S. DOT. // Railway Age;Jan94, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the refinancing agreement between the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). Advantages of the agreement; Parts of the two-phase plan; Factors which made refinancing possible.
- "Escaleftor". PETERSON, BRITT // Washingtonian Magazine;Jun2015, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p23
The article focuses on the term "Escaleftor" which was defined by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) as those Metro riders that are new in the city who block the left side of the escalator, and was invented for a campaign in 2005 to boost awareness of safety/courtesy issues.
- Make Your Voice Heard. // Washington Informer;1/9/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p3
The article invite readers opinions on both metro fare changes that would take effect from July 1, 2014 and FY15 capital improvement plan proposed by the Metro authority in Washington, D.C.
- Suck It Up, Washington! REED, DAN // Washingtonian Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p63
In this article, a Washington, D.C. resident Dan Reed suggests residents to avoid demerits of D.C. Metro and consider its benefits such as one can reach to neighborhood areas such as Maryland and D.C.