N. Y. ESDC Offers $2B Refunding
- $155M Penn Station Deal Derailed for Now. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p48
Reports the delayed sale of bonds by Empire State Development Project to help fund Farley-Penn Station Redevelopment Project.
- New York's ESDC to Hear Jets Stadium Plan in Special Meeting. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p3
Reports on Empire State Development Corp.'s board meeting to discuss general project plan for the construction of a football stadium for the New York Jets in Manhattan. Plans to form a corporation to sell bonds to fund the proposed stadium; Importance of the stadium to New York City's bid for...
- N.Y. Development Agency Seeks Approval for $425M Deal. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p40
Reports on the move of Empire State Development Corp. in seeking state approval for a deal to refund outstanding corporate-purpose bonds in New York. Value of the deal; Proceeds used in funding the economic development projects; Value savings of the refinancing.
- New York's Empire State Development Corp. OKs $47M of Bond-Backed Grants. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32471, p6
The article reports on the approval of New York's Empire State Development Corp. (ESDC) of a $47 million grant that will be reimbursed through bond sales. The grants will be initially paid for through ESDC's general revenue funds and later reimbursed through the sale of personal income tax...
- N.Y. Gov. Pataki OKs $155 Million in Debt for Penn Station Redevelopment. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p28
Reports the approval of George Pataki, governor of New York on the issuance of tax-exempt urban development corporation bonds. Issuance of the Empire State Development Corp.; Payment for the Farley-Penn Station Redevelopment Project; Increase of the Penn Station passenger capacity.
- N.Y.'s Empire State Development Corp. Elects to Proceed With Stadium Bond Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p40
Reports that the board of New York's Empire State Development Corp. voted unanimously to proceed with a general project plan that calls for the state and New York City to form a local development corporation to sell bonds to build a platform and retractable roof for the New York Jets stadium and...
- N.Y. Agencies Planning Hefty Swaps. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p1
Reports on the preparation of the Empire State Development Corp. (ESDC) and the New York State Dormitory Authority to enter into a number of long term synthetic variable rate swap agreements in the U.S. Plan to sell seven different series of personal income tax revenue bonds; Statement of ESDC's...
- N.Y. Pushes $1.1B PIT Deal on Web. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33420, p1
The article reports on the launch of a website by the government of New York to reach out to retail investors and to coincide with its 1.1 billion U.S. dollars personal income tax bond deal. It states that the web site is specifically designed to provide the state's investors with a single...
- N.Y. Public Authorities Control Board Approves $4B Atlantic Yards Project. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p36
The article reports on the approval of the $4 billion Atlantic Yards development by oversight board in Brooklyn, New York City. $637.2 million of bonds will be used by the project which includes 16-high-rise buildings. According to the Empire State Development Corp., developer Forest City Ratner...