Health Care Challenges
- Federal Budget Helps Drive Health Policy. Benjamin, Georges C. // Physician Executive;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p61
Discusses the impact of federal budget on health care funding in the United States. Purposes of federal budget; Health care programs funded through federal budget; Federal budget process; Health budget priorities for 2002.
- A balancing act. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;01/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on efforts to balance the healthcare budget in the United States. Suggestions from White House and Republican lawmakers to reduce the amount Medicare pays managed-care plans; Efforts by the administration of President Bill Clinton and Democrats to reform the payment system; How the...
- GOP budget blueprint doesn't erase cuts. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;04/19/99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p2
Focuses on the compromise spending blueprint passed by the United States Congress which could spell trouble for healthcare providers trying to nullify payment cuts. Details on the budget framework; Views on the budget document; Comments from some representatives.
- Scully: Everything is on the table. Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;02/11/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Forecasts the federal lobbying activities for healthcare providers during deliberations in the U.S. Congress on the 2003 budget appropriation for the health sector. Remarks from U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Thomas Scully; Details of the proposed budget by U.S....
- News clips. // AHA News;6/12/95, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
Reports on developments related to health care in the United States as of June 12, 1995. Meeting between members of the US House and Senate on the chambers' budget resolutions passed in May 1995; Refusal of a Federal Trade Commission request for a preliminary injunction to block the merger of...
- House Passes $3.5 Trillion 2013 Budget - Medicaid, Student Aid, Head Start Slashed. Taylor, Alexis // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;4/4/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p9
The article presents information on a 3.5 trillion dollars budget for the year 2013 proposed by the Republicans in order to cut taxes for the wealthy people and reconstruct medical care in the U.S.
- Congress Unzips Purse For Industry Programs. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/29/2004, Vol. 253 Issue 21, p12
The article reports that in a frenzied push to end their lame-duck session, the U.S. Congress gave almost-final approval to a$ 388.4-billion fiscal 2005 spending package covering most non-defense agencies. The behemoth bill includes the budgets for many key construction programs. As industry...
- Pensions, Deficits Loom for Cook County, Ill.: Watchdog Group. Devitt, Caitlin // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/30/2013, p1
The article reports that the Civic Federation, a prominent fiscal watchdog in Chicago, Illinois announced on October 28, 2013 that it supports the 2014 3.2 billion U.S. dollar budget of Cook County, Illinois, which includes Chicago. The group though, warned that growing pension obligations and...
- A WINDFALL FOR MEDICARE PROVIDERS. Serafini, Marilyn Werber; Rovner, Julie // National Journal;6/24/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p1988
Focuses on the budget surplus and other issues proposed by the health care industry in the United States. Demands of health maintenance organizations regarding the Medicare payment formula; Medicare payment increases recommended by hospitals; Budget cut requested by the nursing home sector and...