- Anyone for a night behind bars? Watson, Paul; Dobbie, Mike // BRW;12/08/97, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p108
Presents information on The Old Castlemaine Gaol in Victoria, Australia. Guests staying at the renovated prison; Description of the accommodations in the cells; Governor's Restaurant in the former mess hall open to the public; Sculptures and art by prisoners on display; Location information.
- THE LIBERTY HOTEL. McMullen, Shannon // Hotel Management (21582122);8/1/2011, Vol. 226 Issue 10, p110
The article presents information on the Liberty Hotel of Boston, which is operated at former Charles Street Jail built by Gridley James Fox Bryant in 1851.
- by the numbers. // Hotel Management (21582122);8/1/2011, Vol. 226 Issue 10, p110
The article presents information on numbers related to the number of guests, employees, and number of hotels at the Liberty Hotel at Boston which is operated at former jail the Charles Street Jail.
- Budget Deficits and National Saving. Nordhaus, William D. // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr96, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p45
Argues that low savings is not America's problem but wasteful government programs that are crowding out productive ones. Deficit reduction; National savings rate; Focus on efficiency rather than deficits.
- Editor's notebook. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;May99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
Criticizes the United States government for its budget deficits in education and defense. Capitalization on fiscal 2000 discretionary spending; Impact of inflation on capitalization; Risk of losing jobs in the civil service.
- Local Effects of Pentagon Budget Cuts Uncertain. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the effects of Pentagon budget cut on the local based command in the U.S.
- Arizona Caught Between Budget Crunch and Overflowing Jails. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p3
Reports the budget crisis and overflowing jails in Arizona. Plans of state officials to relocate inmates at the Maricopa County jail; Conditions related to the relocation of inmates; Scarcity of prison staff in the state.
- Kent County Joining Two Others On Jail Study. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/3/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the plan of Kent County in Michigan in joining two other correctional systems for a regional jail by June 2008. This would be the first regional correctional system and facility in the state if Kent County pushes forward with this proposal. The primary reason for this...
- County commission adopts $30 million budget, tax rate. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 38, p1A
The article reports on the more than $30 million budget that was adopted by the Burnet County Commissioners Court in Texas for Fiscal Year 2015 on September 16, 2014, which is increase is attributed on additional expenses for the county jail, district attorney employees absorption as county...