Guarantor XL Capital Assurance Posts $1.09 Million Loss for Third Quarter
- XLCA Records a Net Loss for Second-Quarter Earnings. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p38
Reports the net loss of XL Capital Assurance in New York. Effect on the increased expenses of the company; Total loss of investments; Maintenance of employee base.
- XLCA Reports 1Q Net Loss, Doubles Gross Premiums Written. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p6
XL Capital Assurance Inc., a New York bond insurer owned by Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd., reported a net loss of $2.4 million in the first quarter of 2003, which is similar to the $2.5 million net loss the company reported for the first quarter of 2002. In the first quarter, the...
- Expense-Burdened XL Capital Assurance Reports 2002 Net Loss of $5 Million. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p7
XL Capital Assurance Inc. reported a net loss of $5.25 million for 2002. For the fourth quarter of 2002, the net loss was $491,000. XLCA, a New York subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd., has reported two consecutive years of net losses. Chief financial officer Ed Hubbard said in a...
- XL Capital Assurance Reports 2Q Net Loss of $100,000. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31706, p28
Reports that XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a New York bond insurer ad subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. has reported a net loss of $ 100,000 for the second quarter of 2003. Comments of the chief financial officer of XLCA; Difference in gross premiums written off in the second...
- XLCA Posts S1.29M 3Q Loss. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p2
The article presents information on the financial performance of XL Capital Assurance Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. The company reported a loss of $ 1.29 million, compared with earnings of $334,000 last year. Gross premiums written in the third quarter fell 35% to $47.5 million from last...
- CLARIFICATION. // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p6
A correction to the article misstating the name of bond issuer XL Capital Assurance Inc. published in the July 28, 2008 issue is presented.
- XL Capital Still Painted as Newcomers, With Yields to Match. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p22
Reports on the rating of insurer XL Capital Assurance in the U.S. Bonds issued by the company; Products offered.
- XL Capital Gets VP For Consumer ABS. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on appointment of Deborah Murnin as vice president of consumer asset-backed finance in XL Capital Assurance Inc. Educational and career background of Murnin; Job responsibilities.
- New Guarantor XLCA Gets Ready to Compete in the Primary Market. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p7
Focuses on the business status of XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a public finance guarantor in the United States. Preparations undertaken by XLCA for its municipal bond deals; Stability of the company in the business market; Bond insurance provided by XLCA for Long Island Power Authority.