Montana Governor Pushes Use of Coal Trust Money to Close Gap
- State Agency Assails Montana Governor's Deficit Plan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31542, p3
Reports that according to the legislative fiscal division of Montana, Governor Judy Martz' proposal to address a multi-million dollar deficit in the general fund budget would be difficult to accomplish. Possibility of the proposal leading to structural imbalances and low reserves; Level of...
- Spending Money. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p31
Reports that Democratic legislators are pressurizing Montana governor Judy Martz to draw up a plan for spending in extra state funds. Deadline issued by the legislators; Issues raised among the legislators.
- Cautious Ambition. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p80
Profiles Montana Lieutenant Governor Judy Martz. Career in politics; Economic implementation plan for Montana; Accomplishments in the office.
- Imaginations Run Wild in the West. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p17
Deals with the sculpture of bordello dancers on a building in Helena, Montana. Model used by the artist for the sculpture; Features of the sculpture; Reaction of Montana Governor Judy Martz to the sculpture.
- Hotline Extra. Ruddy, Cort // National Journal;5/24/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p1646
Presents updates related to politicians in the U.S. as of May 24, 2003. Democratic Party presidential candidates who are likely to get the support of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees; Plan of U.S. Senator Carol Moseley Braun for a presidential candidacy in 2004;...
- AU Commandments Protest Sparks Debate In Big Sky Country. // Church & State;Apr2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p19
Reports on Montana Governor Judy Martz's vow to defend Ten Commandments displays on government property. Martz's assertion that those who oppose the Ten Commandments "need a little help"; Dispute over a Commandments display in Kalispell.
- Montana chooses candidates for governor. // State Government News;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the nominations of Mark O'Keefe, Judy Martz and Stan Jones as the Democratic, Republican and Libertarian candidates, respectively, for the governorship of Montana.
- Judy Martz. Pearson, Rebecca // Our States: Montana;2016, p1
This article focuses on Montana Governor Judy Martz, who was elected in 2000, becoming the first woman in Montana history to be elected to the office, after she was also the first woman to be elected lieutenant governor in 1996. The biographical information details Martz's early life and...
- GOVERNOR OF MONTANA, TV SPOTS. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jul2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p35
Presents television spots that illustrate Judy Martz's message and how she distinguished herself from Mark O'Keefe, her opponent in the gubernatorial race in Montana in 2000.