Municipals End Day Mostly Unchanged; San Antonio Posts $133 Million Offering
- Munis Weaker After Fed Announcement. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market as of May 9, 2007 in the U.S. The author claims that the market was slightly weaker due to the announcement of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) which held the federal funds rate unchanged at 5.25%. UBS Securities LLC...
- Increasingly, Even a Low Rating May Be Better Than None at All. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p6
Predicts an increase in the rating of non-rated municipal bonds in the United States. Factors that inspired interest in rated paper; Possible impact of the Heartland Advisors Inc. bankruptcy on the government securities market.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p21
Several charts are presented that depict the conditions of the bond market in the U.S. for the year 2008 including the municipal bond market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, and U.S. Securities Prices on treasury notes and bonds.
- Market Post: Volume Surge Profitable for Issuers, Traders Say. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
This week's jump in volume will boost the performance of deals priced in the primary, market participants said.
- Fitch Affirms Oregon GOs. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34400, p1
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Oregon's general obligation bond rating at AA-plus.
- Lexington, Tenn., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34410, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating and underlying rating to AA-minus from A-plus on Lexington, Tenn.'s existing general obligation debt.
- Market Close: Maryland GO Bumps MMD Less Than Expected. Smith, Kate; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;7/24/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34149, p1
The article discusses issues regarding an increase in the sale of general obligation bonds of the state of Maryland in July 2014 and mentions that the increase was not up to the expectation of Municipal Market Data (MMD). Topics discussed include auction of 449.62 million U.S. dollars of bonds...
- Market Close: Muni Sell-Off Helps Lower Rated Deals. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;10/22/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34198, p1
Jumping municipal bond yields on Tuesday helped the performance of lower rated deals in the primary market, while hurting some of the triple-A rated sales, market participants said.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p35
The article presents the changes in the ratings of selected municipal bonds in the United States as of July 28, 2006. They include the ABAG Finance Authority for Nonprofit Corporations, California's revenue bonds, Anchorage, Alaska's general obligation bonds, and the Connecticut Health and...