NEWS IN BRIEF
- SOUTHEAST: Plain/Insured Go Yield Curves for 29, 2002. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p41
Presents credit ratings of several plain/insured general obligation bonds in several states in the U.S. as of October 2002.
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;08/04/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30947, p32
Presents a chart showing rating changes on several United States bond issues, published as of August 4, 2000. Amount; Rating; Rating agency; Comments.
- Rating changes. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p19
Provides a chart showing bonds ratings changes in the United States. Issuer bond; Amount; Comments.
- Government officials describe challenges in Iowa, Minn. Bengtson, Tom // North Western Financial Review;6/15/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 12, p11
This article reports that state government leaders in Iowa and Minnesota recently brought their messages to banker groups. In Minnesota, Dan McElroy, the chief of staff for Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty spoke during the spring seminar of the Bank Holding Company Association on May 3, 2005....
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31018, p31
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States. Reliance of the financing plan for the proposed renovation of Soldier Field on the use of hotel taxes; Assignment of a AA-minus rating to the fixed-rate revenues bonds of the conduit issuer Saint Joseph County Hospital...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p31
No abstract available.
- Use Quadrix to avoid bad stocks. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/29/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 35, p2
Focuses on Quadrix, a new stock-rating system that effectively eradicates bad investments. Potential in delivering higher returns; Elements involved in the Quadrix rating system; Provision of tips for uncovering troubled stocks.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bondbuyer.com;12/8/2015, p1
Information on the dollar volume of bonds expected to reach the market in several states in the U.S. in the next 30 days after December 8, 2015, including those in Arizona, Colorado and Kansas., is presented.
- Minnesota Governor's Budget Relies On Spending Cuts, Tobacco Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33050, p20
The article reports on the two-year state budget released by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty. According to the author, the $57.6 billion budget deeply relies on 2.2% spending cuts in general funds which is less than $750 million from the previous state budgets. In addition, Pawlenty noted that...