NASD Censures, Fines ABN Amro $10K
- Forcing brokers to keep their words. Luxenberg, Stan // Medical Economics;11/13/95, Vol. 72 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the imposition of tough penalties on brokers who violates settlement agreements by the United States National Association of Securities Dealers.
- NASD Hands Out $625,000 In Fines For Late Trading Of Mutual Funds. // Insurance Advocate;7/12/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 25, p34
Reports that the NASD has censured and fined brokerage firms. Failure of the firms to implement adequate supervisory systems and written procedures designed to detect and prevent late trading; Vigilance of the NASD about sanctioning firms for failing to have adequate supervisory systems;...
- NASD Orders Firm to Pay $4.3 Million To Schools in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p4
Reports that National Association of Securities Dealers has fined Hartford, Connecticut-based Tower Square Securities Inc. and ordered it to pay $4.3 million in restitution to public school system in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Complaints of NASD against the company's former representative...
- NASD boots local broker out of the securities business. McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/09/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the decision of the National Association of Securities Dealers to fine and censure Rene Reyes for allegedly misusing a client's funds in 1996. Violations of Reyes for dealing with other firms; Requirement for inhouse dealers to divulge outside activities.
- NASD Fines Three Brokers $3.1 M for Market Timing. // Money Management Executive;10/10/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p3
Reports that the U.S. National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) has fined three brokerage firms for permitting improper market timing. Names of the three brokerage firms; Amount of the fine imposed by the NASD for each brokerage firm; Respective repayment imposed to the three brokerage...
- NASD Fines Eiqht B/Ds for Accepting Fund Kickbacks. Abramovich, Giselle // Money Management Executive;10/17/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the move of the National Association of Securities Dealers to fine eight broker/dealers for giving preferential sales treatment to mutual funds in exchange for lucrative trading commissions from directed-brokerage agreements in the U.S. Move of the association to look into violations...
- NASD Fines, Censures ABN AMRO. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p1
Reports that the U.S. National Association of Security Dealers censured and fined ABN AMRO Inc. for rule violations. Failure of the firm to report timely and accurate municipal securities trade data to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Other allegations against the firm; Acceptance of...
- Broker fined. // Crain's New York Business;05/26/97, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p54
Reports that the United States National Association of Securities Dealers has fined PaineWebber Group Incorporated for the way the company treated three brokers after they left to start a competing business. Response of PaineWebber to the fine.
- NASD Fines Firm, President for Muni, Stock Securities Violations. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p5
Reports the imposition of fines to firms violating the membership agreement with the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) in Washington, D.C. Basis of the offense on the membership agreement with NASD regulatory arm; Firms fined for engaging in municipal securities-related...