Mississippi OKs $10M in GOs for Disaster Relief
- Lazio scores with euro bond for charity. Reilly, Teresa // Public Finance;09/24/99, p8
Reports that the central Italian region of Lazio launched a `charity' bond in the European single currency. Amount raised for the Italian relief effort in Kosovo; Mechanics of bond offering.
- N.C. bonds would aid Floyd effort. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p1
Reports on North Carolina Governor Jim Hunt's stance on a bond proposal to help the state recover from damages caused by Hurricane Floyd. Special legislation session being considered to tackle the proposal; Concerns of public officials on the use of a bond issue for disaster assistance; Terms...
- Hurricane Governors Ask for Help. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p1
Reports that the Governors of the three states affected by Hurricane Katrina urges the U.S. Congress to authorize the issuance of tax-exempt private-activity bonds and relax restrictions on the use of municipal bond proceeds. Value of the private-activity bonds; Design of the Hurricane Recovery...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p38
The article presents the legislative status of several laws related to public finance in the U.S. The HR 4337: Gulf Opportunity Zone Public Finance Relief Act, which was split off from the fiscal 2006 budget and tax reconciliation package, is pending in the House Ways and Means Committee. The...
- Joplin Sells Debt for District. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33753, p1
The article presents information on the sale of bonds by Joplin School District, Missouri to rebuild six of its facilities destroyed by tornado. Bond income along with about 89 million U.S. dollars in insurance and 36 million U.S. dollars in state and federal disaster will raise the funds for...
- Florida Approves Rule Improving Hurricane Fund Liquidity. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p4
Reports on Florida's approval of a rule improving the liquidity of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund by allowing the fund to issue bonds in the same year a hurricane causes major damages in the state. Insurance industry's favorable reaction to the decision; Enhancements to the fund that...
- Archer Daniels Seeks Iowa Disaster Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33619, p1
The article reports on the 200 million dollars allocation of Midwestern disaster-area revenue bonds requested by Archer Daniels Midland Co. through Iowa Finance Authority to boost its processing facilities in Iowa.
- NO-GO ZONE. Brown, Kelly W. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p27
The article offers information about Gulf Opportunity (GO) Zone bonds projects to hasten recovery from 2005 hurricanes in New Orleans, Louisiana. It took effect in 2005 but only one project was given to the city, the $92.7 million in bonds are issued to Jefferson Parish businesses but only $4.5...
- Florida hurricane fund taps Lehman for bond expertise. Niedzielski, Joe // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 47, p2
Reports on November 18, 1996 that the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund is in the process of assessing its bonding capacity. Estimated values of the bonds; Naming of Lehman Brothers Holdings Incorporated to advise the fund on the bonding program; Function of the hurricane fund.