California's Aspire Schools Set to Sell Tax-Backed Debt
- Moody's: Charters Still Risky, But Improving. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p4
Reports on the risk of debt issued for charter schools in the U.S. Improvement of the bond market for alternative public schools; Details on the rating of charter schools on the bond market; Use of a federal funds to guarantee debt issued to pay for charter schools.
- New Hampshire state school board puts a moratorium on new charter schools. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;9/24/2012, p8
The article reports that a moratorium on new charter schools has been implemented by the New Hampshire State Board of Education.
- Colorado Senate Approves Pledge for Charter Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // American Banker;2/24/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 37, Special section p4
This article presents information about recent legislative bills before the State of Colorado. The Senate unanimously approved a plan to double the amount of charter school debt that can be guaranteed by the state's moral obligation pledge, while proposals to prohibit the issuance of...
- Arkansas Lawmakers Think Schools, But Not Charters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p32
Focuses on the exclusion of the charter schools in the report outlining school facilities needs in the state in Arkansas. Estimation of the amount needed to upgrade school buildings; Consideration of bond issue and debt service assistance to finance the needs of the school; Need for new law that...
- Charter Costs Irk Board. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the call of trustees of Albuquerque Municipal School District Number 12 for the administration to propose moratorium on new charter schools. Impetus of the move.
- Analysis: Charter Schools Debt Issuance in 2013. KRAUSS, EDWARD; MCGUIGAN, PATRICIA // Bond Buyer;4/24/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33900, p3
The author discusses the aspects of increased acceptance and maturity of charter schools throughout the nation in 2013. He mentions that roughly 272 million dollars of new-issue bond activity during the first three months of 2013 were sold with public ratings. He also discusses the aspects of...
- Texas Guarantee Could Raise Risk for Prior Charter School Debt: S&P. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/27/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34115, p1
The article reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's is warning of a potential downside for holders of charter school debt without a Permanent School Fund (PSF) wrap, as Texas has provided its first PSF guarantee for a charter school bond issue. It further states that charter schools must...
- Detroit Charter School Defaults Despite Investor Protections. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/10/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33994, p1
The article offers information on defaulting of the Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences, charter school, on its October 1, 2013. It informs that the school debt payment instead of carrying a pledge of state aid and other protections designed to enhance bondholder security. It reports that...
- Charter School Revise. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p31
Reports that Fitch Ratings affirmed Missouri-based Saint Louis Charter School's BB credit rating but revised its outlook from negative to stable. $6.1 million of outstanding debt was sold in 2002 through the Missouri Health and Educational Facilities Authority; Challenge school faces in coping...