NEWS IN BRIEF
- July Business Inventories Up 0.4%; Sales Rise 0.8%. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;9/12/2014, p10
The article reports a 0.4 percent jump in business inventories in July 2014 to settle at 1.750 trillion U.S. dollars, when sales also experienced a 0.8 percent hike to 1.360 trillion U.S. dollars.
- Municipal Bond Prices Little Changed Ahead of Data, Deals, and Greenspan. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31366, p2
Reports on the changes in the municipal bond prices in the U.S. Decline in business inventories; Impact of business inventories on bond prices; Demand for bond supply.
- May Wholesale Sales, Inventories Increase. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p2
Reports on inventories of merchant wholesalers of bonds in the U.S. in May 2004. Data released by the Commerce Department.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p1
Presents updates related to bonds in the U.S. as of June 10, 2004. Impact of the decline of the treasury market on the strength of municipal bonds; Decline in the inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- Dealer Inventory Fire Sales Bump Yields. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the U.S. municipal bond market in December 2012. He mentions that the market was unsettled and ended with a weak note but with high bond yields in the mid week of December 2012. He also informs that the tax-exempt bonds yields have increased up...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, Oct. 16, 2000. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p2
Summarizes United States bond market data for October 16, 2000. Government securities prices; Municipals; 30-day visible supply; Standard & Poor's Blue List; August 2000 business inventories.
- From The TM3 Wire. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;10/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30492, p2
Presents extracts from stories run under `The Bond Buyer Wire' on October 2, 1998. Unemployment rate in September; New orders for factory goods and inventories in August; Moody's Investors' raising of ratings of the general obligation bonds by the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts.
- Munis Mostly Steady as Some Take Profits. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;12/6/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33825, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in the first week of December 2012. She mentions that the market was weak as traders were gaining profit by selling inventories in the end of the year 2012. She also informs that traders have bought...
- Market Post: Bids Come Early for Some Deals. Smith, Kate // Bondbuyer.com;8/6/2014, p4
The article reports on the early bids of traders for a handful of smaller regional deals in the U.S. in August 2014. Topics covered include Connecticut's plan to issue a total of 500 million U.S. dollar split between taxable and tax-exempt parts. Also mentioned is the limited general obligation...