Alabama Port Settles Zero-Coupon Audit
- Insured Sale Set for Port Of Oakland. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p1
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds for the Port of Oakland to retail investors and institutional investors in negotiated deal in California. Value of the revenue bonds; Approval of the deal by the port's board of commissioners; Uses of funds from the sale.
- Summit County Port Authority Is Planning a Major Flood of Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/16/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33665, p8
The article offers information on the Summit County Port Authority's plan to significantly ramp up its bond financing.
- Deadline extended for Marengo, Ala., tender offer. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p3
Reports on the extension of a tender offer to purchase bonds issued in 1989 by the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority to April 9, 1999. Caribou Capital's establishment of the Marengo Resolution Trust Acquisition Co.; Legal battle between the authority and International Guaranty Fund Ltd.
- Alabama Authority wants access to trust to pay IRS. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Focuses on the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority's desire to gain access to a bond insurance trust fund that could help the authority settle claims by the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1989 bond issue is taxable.
- Port of San Francisco Granted New Bonding Authority. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p36
Reports on the grant of new bonding powers to the Port of San Francisco under legislation that has been approved by the California Legislature. Aim of the new law to allow the port to use redevelopment-style financing without going through a development agency; Significance of the law to the...
- N.Y.-N.J. Port's $300 Million Deal Leads Another Slow Week. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p6
Provides an overview of various issues that will be traded in the U.S. money market in the first week of September 2003. Bond issue of $300 million by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; Other major deals that are anticipated by the market in this week.
- Southwest bond-watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p31
Presents various news related to bonds in Texas as of December 7, 1999. Referendum at the Clear Creek Independent School District on bonds for construction of school facilities; Decision of opponents of the expansion of the Port of Houston Bayport Terminal not to sue the Port of Houston...
- commission Looks to Lawmakers for Help With Florida's Underfunded Ports. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p27
The article reports that Florida's 14 deep-water ports can only afford to pay for 621 million dollar of the 2.5 billion dollar they need for capital improvements and to remain competitive. A new source of funds for ports is needed by the Florida Ports Financing Commission. Bond financing for...
- Agencies Lower Outlook On Port Authority. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p1
Reports the financial impact of the terrorist attacks on the credits of the Port Authority in the United States. Decrease in outstanding consolidated revenue bonds of the Port Authority; Effects of the decline in passenger air traffic; Advantage of the diverse revenue sources of airports.