CTA Wants Its Own Digs
- Chicago Transit's Return. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30993, p1
Reports that the Chicago Transit Authority is reviewing letter-of-interest proposals from bond underwriters to raise of portion of 1.8 billion dollar of unfunded capital needs. Repair or replacement of aging tracks, rail cars and buses in Chicago, Illinois; Revenue streams being considered.
- ILLINOIS: New Fleet of Rail Cars. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/16/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33617, p9
The article reports on the new rail cars financed mostly with bonds, which marks the first additions to the rail feet of the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) since 1992.
- Chicago Transit Authority Issues RFQ For Underwriters, Due by Oct. 13. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33194, p4
The article reports on the issuance of request for letters of interest and qualifications by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) for underwriters in Illinois in 2009. Underwriters interested to work on CTA bond sales for two years have until October 13 to pass their qualifications for review....
- CTA Readies $1.8 Billion. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p1
The article reports that Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is going to submit its proposed taxable pension-related revenue bond issue for $1.8bn to the auditor general of Illinois for review. The deal has the review time limit of 60 days by the auditor general and 120 days by the CTA to sign the...
- Chicago Transit Agency Readies $2B for Pensions, Health Care. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32818, p3
The article offers updates on the sale of $1.9 billion pension obligation bonds by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in Illinois. The agency is expected to choose an underwriting team for the deal. Proceeds of the sale will be used to restructure the $3.5 billion unfunded pension and health...
- Chicago TA Cleared For Its Own Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p1
Reports on the agreement between Regional Transport Authority (RTA) of Illinois and Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) so that CTA could trade bonds. Amount of bonds that could be issued by the CTA; Conflict between the two agencies; Highlights of the agreement.
- Chicago Transit Sets $2B OPEB Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p1
The article reports that the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is readying its long-planned issue of nearly $2 billion of taxable pension-related bonds for sale in Illinois. It states that the fixed-rate financing represents one piece of the transit bailout package that included a sales tax...
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p2
This article presents corrections, previously published in the periodical "Crain's Chicago Business." DeAngelo/McDonough Construction Management Co., the subject of an article, previously published in the July 12, 2004 issue of the periodical, is a joint-venture partner with another company for...
- Bond Sale Dispute Leaves Chicago Agency's Budget Up in Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p28
Reports on the impact of a dispute between the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and the Chicago Transit Authority in Chicago, Illinois over the sale of bonds on budget of RTA. Requirement of a statute for budget approval by RTA; Details of the dispute; Previous conflicts between the two...