Treasury Official: No Decisions Yet on Bond Proposals in Simplification Plan
- LIVING WITH FSCs-- AND LIKING IT. Rice, R. Michael // FE: The Magazine for Financial Executives;Sep1985, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p11
The article presents information on the significance of Foreign Sales Corporation (FSC) in the U.S. FSCs require a substantial foreign presence, which can be costly and reduce the exporters expected tax savings. In return for this, however, the exporter receives one clearcut advantage: a...
- Proper Tax Planning. Offen, Trevor // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p73
Presents information on proper business tax planning. Different views on taxation; Misconceptions regarding tax advantage; Consequences of tax advantage; Things involved in proper tax planning.
- Time is now for business tax planning. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p8
Presents tips on business tax planning in the United States. Tax write-offs for equipment purchases; Awarding of pension and profit-sharing plans to employees; Importance of having knowledge of the tax rules.
- It's still not too late to make savvy year-end tax moves. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;12/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p8
Presents tips to business owners in the United States, on how to lighten their tax burden in the year 2000. Invest in an IRA; Take advantage of lower long-term capital gains rates; Offset capital gains with losses.
- How to adjust to `Clintonomics'. Hiers, Edward C. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/17/93, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p16
Gives suggestions to businesses and individuals to reduce tax bills. Establishment of a Simplified Employee Pension (SEP); Setting up of retirement plans; Starting a small business; More.
- Year-end tax tips for businesses: Year-end tax planning is essential for every business. This year is no exception. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p18
The article offers tips for business on year-end taxation planning, particularly on the purchase of new business equipment in the U.S.
- Tax-planning guide helps investors digest changes. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/14/98, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p26
Presents tax planning strategies for businesses in the United States. Identification of investments that may be sell candidates; Familiarity with the wash sale rule of investment; Gift securities to children or grandchildren. INSET: Important deadlines and information.
- Year-end tax planning strategies. Yegidis, Michael // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/22/2001-10/29/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p14
Suggests several strategies that can reduce the tax liability of a business. Employment of family members in the business to shift income to lower tax bracket individuals; Establishment of the retirement plans before year-end.
- The eleventh hour. Evanson, David R. // Entrepreneur;Dec1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p138
Advises on tax planning for businesses in the United States. Payment measures; Adopting a board resolution for bonuses; Making contributions before year-end to a retirement plan; Reflecting on one's status as an S corporation. INSET: Tax ease, by Cassandra Cavanah..