Pricing Lawsuit to Move From Federal to California State Court
- N.Y. Court of Appeals Affirms Absolute Privilege for Content of Form U-5 Notices. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q2, p1
The article reports on the opinion issued by the New York Court of Appeals in Rosenberg v. Metlife Inc., affirming absolute privilege for the content of a National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) employee termination notice Form U-5 made by an employer. The Court extended the protection...
- Second Circuit Clarifies the Limits on the Extraterritorial Application of U.S. Securities Laws. Chelney, Stan; Philp, Ryan M.; Kolker, David R. // Financial Fraud Law Report;Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p661
In this article, the authors discuss a recent U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit decision affirming the dismissal of a putative securities class action brought by purchasers of foreign issued-securities on a foreign exchange.
- From Sense to Nonsense and Back Again: SRO Immunity, Doctrinal Bait-and-Switch, and a Call for Coherence. Nafday, Rohit A. // University of Chicago Law Review;Summer2010, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p847
In this article, the author discusses aspects of self-regulatory organizations (SRO) immunity that served as a regulatory authority for the commodities and securities industries in the U.S. The author comments on the approach of the Eleventh Circuit of Court of Appeals to the SRO immunity...
- on the web. // Workforce Management;10/8/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 17, p4
This section offers news briefs on personnel management. Consolidation and shrinking capital markets have stirred up the battle for top candidates. A New York Court of Appeals case ruled that in the securities industry, truthfulness is a safe course of action when providing references. A study...
- Jefferson County Litigants Object to NABL, SIFMA Briefs. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;1/05/2015, p37
The article reports that the appellants seeking to overturn the bankruptcy plan for Jefferson County, Florida have opposed the briefs submitted by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABLE) and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) to the 11th Circuit Court of...
- Courts in review. Chi, Keon S. // State Government News;Mar96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the evolution of state court systems in the United States. Patterns of state court systems; Terms of office of high-court judges; Comparison of the total number of trial court judge in 1995 with 1975.
- Judicial barriers quickly breaking down. Curriden, Mark // ABA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on changes in state high courts in the United States. Blacks and women justices; Statistics; Implications; Expectations.
- State courts: Establishing a leadership agenda. Gavin, Frank P.; Stupak, Ronald J. // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p27
Presents information on state courts and their engagements in a struggle to create a highly effective branch of government. Information on why leadership is needed; Description of how state courts operate; Examination of individual states; Background information on the courts.
- STATE COURTS. // Capitol Ideas;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
The article offers facts related to state courts in the U.S., including the election of Florence Ellinwood Allen in the Ohio Supreme Court as the first woman to serve on a state supreme court, California ranks first in the country's associate justices' salaries at 218, 237 dollars, and Indiana...