Bush Eyes Hinojosa for Board of SIPC
- SECURITIES INVESTOR PROTECTION ACT--SEC v. Guaranty Bond and Securities Corp.--SIPC's Discretion to Liquidate Brokers. Olson, Robert G. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall75, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p199
Presents the issue of whether the receiver of an insolvent broker has standing to compel the Securities Investor Protection Corp. to disburse its insurance funds for the benefit of the broker's customers in the U.S. Statutory and policy arguments against standing for private parties under...
- SIPC Paid Out Record $112 Million in 2001. // On Wall Street;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the financial gains of Securities Investor Protection Corporation for 2001. Amount in net advances;; Names of companies liquidated by SIPS; Companies that contributed to the gains.
- Investors' 'protector' comes under attack. // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p22
Reports on a group of investor lawyers' call for the United States Congress to improve the Securities Investor Protection Corp. Securities industry's finance of the company; Creation of the company to protect investors from brokerage bankruptcies; Concerns over the company's reimbursement of...
- SIPC DEBUTS REDESIGNED WEBSITE. // Online Product News;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p2
The article previews the redesigned web site by the Securities Investor Protection Corp. (SIPC) located at http://www.sipc.org which follows guidelines by the Digital Government Strategy for better digital services in any device.
- Local attorney leads battle against SIPC. Pugh, Lori // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p22
Reports on Indiana-based lawyer Mark Maddox's role in the imposition of charges against the Securities Investor Protection Corp. Maddox as president of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association; Maddox's call for SIPC reform; United States Senate Banking Committee's plan to conduct...
- Takeover by SIPC forces Chase Global liquidation. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/13/97, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Announces that the Securities Investor Protection Corporation seized control of Chase Global Securities Incorporated, forcing the firm into liquidation proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court. Allegations that Chase Global bilked $10 million from Centerior Energy Corporation;...
- Rooked Investors Receiving Their Money. // Traders Magazine;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 182, p14
Reports that the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) has entered into a settlement agreement with Donahue Securities that will give restitution to investors of the company for a fraudulent scheme. Opinion on the actions of the SIPC.
- Investment commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/14/95, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p19
Focuses on the functions and roles of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) and Securities Investor Protection Corp. (SIPC) in investment. Background of the agencies; Insurance coverage for investors; Types of financial vehicles covered.
- Asset Guaranty intends to push excess-SIPC product covering security portfolios over $500,000. // Insurance Advocate;07/19/97, Vol. 108 Issue 28, p8
Reports that Asset Guaranty Insurance Co. will push forward on its excess-Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) insurance product which covers brokers and dealers in the securities industry in the United States. Clients covered by the product; Benefits.