Illinois Agency to Sell $75M for Peoples Gas
- A sour scam in Chicago. Padgett, T. // Newsweek;11/6/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p84
Talks about how the giant Chicago utility, the Peoples Gas Light & Coke Co., contracted with Special Operations Associates (SOA) Inc. to find the source of stolen gas meters used for illegal hookups. 32 employees were indicted, but SOA's investigator Willie Suggs, an ex-convict, forged receipts...
- Illinois Authority First to Settle With IRS Over FHLB-Backed Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p1
The Illinois Development Finance Authority approved the conversion of 5.3 million dollars of Coburn Steel Products Inc. (CSP) tax-exempt industrial revenue bonds to a taxable investment as part of its settlement agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS issued a preliminary...
- Power, School District Deals Proposed to Illinois Development Finance Authority. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p38
Reports the proposed deals of the Power Company and Elgin School District with the Development Finance Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds for Power Company; Plans of Power Company for the refunding of 336 million dollars worth of pollution control bonds; Reason of the...
- Financing Costs and Industrial Development Bonds. O'Connor, Geoffrey J. // American Bar Association Journal;Dec75, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p1539
Provides the general law practitioner in the U.S. an overview of the potential of industrial development bonds. Legislative background; Tax-exemption; Pollution control bonds; Small issue bonds; Industrial parks; Solid waste disposal facilities; General limitations. INSET: Tax Tips of the Month.
- IRS finds some IDB conduit issuers skirting the tax code. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p32
Reports on the findings of the United States Internal Revenue Service in its study of industrial development bond conduit issuers. Areas where issuers were found not to comply with tax code rules; Violations on the use of tax-exempt bonds for private purposes; Use of accelerated-depreciation...
- Dedicated CNG vehicles good for windy city air. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul93, Vol. 220 Issue 7, p8
Features Peoples Gas Light & Coke Co.'s fleet of Dodge vans dedicated to run solely on compressed natural gas. First of their type to operate in Chicago; Meeting ultra-low vehicle emission standards; Aid in improvement of local air quality.
- IFA to Seek Reimbursement for Pooled Bond Audit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p4
Reports on the intention of the Illinois Finance Authority to seek reimbursement for its costs associated with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit of pooled bond. Agreement reached by the state agency with the IRS that leaves the tax-exempt status of the bonds intact; Resolution of an...
- Illinois DFA Gets More Private-Activity Bonds. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p4
Reports on Illinois Governor George Ryan's allocation of an additional $9 million worth of industrial revenue bonds to the Illinois Development Finance Authority. Increase in the authority's industrial revenue bond authorization; Use of the bonds to fund social welfare.
- IDA fighting sunset on NFP bond bill. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/11/99, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p3A
Reports on the efforts of Long Island, New York, industrial development officials to save a law that allows the issuance of tax-exempt bonds for nonprofits due to expire on July 1, 1999. Utilization of the law by industrial development associations; Provisions of a legislative proposal to...