House Reaches Deal on Stopgap Transportation Bill
- As we went to press... Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the efforts of the US Congress to approve a six-month extension of the reauthorization of the 1996 Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act. Consequences of the absence of legislation; Effects to the inspection of motor vehicles.
- Highway bill a top priority. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Jan98, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the status of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act at the US Congress. Granting of a six-month extension to states so they could continue transportation programs; Call for the US Congress to move the Highway Trust Fund out of the federal budget process.
- Ticket to ride: Will public transit benefit from ISTEA reauthorization? O'Brien, Greg; Bishop, Chip // American City & County;Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the effects of reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) on public transit and highway improvements in the United States. Competition of states over inequities in ISTEA allotments; Local governments' proposal. INSETS: ITS guide available from...
- Getting smarter about transportation. Levy, Dawn // American City & County;Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the benefits of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act communities. Flexibility to decide transportation mode, maintenance and capital investments; Intelligent transportation systems (ITS).
- Who's going to get what in the new ISTEA? // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the reauthorization of the 1991 Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) of the United States. Changes made in transportation policy, strategy and funding; Comprehensive approach to include all types of transportation; Importance of fast reauthorization; Initiation of...
- AAR says `Yea' to STB, `Neigh' to user fee. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
Announces the introduction of the Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 1999 at the end of January 1999 in the United States. Supporters of the proposal; How the government plans to fully fund the Surface Transportation Board; Why the Association of American Railroads perceives a...
- State legislators need to refund road repair money they took. Kozachik, Steve; Bronson, Sharon // Inside Tucson Business;1/13/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p22
The authors discuss aspects of state resource funding through the Highway User Revenue Funds (HURF) in Arizona in which they think that state legislators must refund the state collections of transportation-related fees and tax money.
- Cities lining up to woo China hub if Missouri 'stumbles'. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/22/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that other metro cities in Missouri line up to woo the Chinese government to locate the transportation hub project in their communities in case the state legislature fails to help fund the project.
- The ISTEA fight is on and it should be good. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/03/97, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p102
Editorial. Comments on proposed transportation legislation in the United States patterned after the 1991 Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Possibility of the legislation's contribution to resolve conflicts on transportation funding; Impact on the construction industry.