The Power of Agreements
- Tour De Force. Shelley, Lynnette // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the important factors of an effective club tour, as a marketing strategy of health clubs. Basic components of a club tour; Common mistakes committed by clubs when conducting a tour; Benefits of online tours. INSETS: Four Tour Mistakes;Virtual Tour.
- The Family Market; An Opportunity in the Making. Conrad, Casey // Club Industry (07478283);Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p38
Discusses the family marketing practices of health clubs in the U.S. Description of family marketing; Reason that family fitness became synonymous to Young Men's Christian Association; Discussion on how the marketing materials of clubs can reflect a family-friendly attitude and offerings.
- Clipping coupons. Edson, Joie // American Fitness;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 11 Issue 5, Professional Edge p3
Discusses the use of coupons to draw clients to a physical fitness center. Use of redeemed coupons as marketing tools; Offering coupons toward the second class instead of initial visit; Coupons as a mailing list for future use.
- Could Your Club Earn My Business? Capes, Laura // Club Industry (07478283);Sep2002, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p14
Presents an article on searching for a perfect health and physical fitness center. Marketing approach of some health clubs; Factors considered in searching a perfect health club; Significance of a warm accommodation to a fitness enthusiast consumer.
- Hospitals must be creative to survive industry pressure. Jarmusz, Donna // Marketing News;10/1/1990, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p12
This article focuses on the effort of Edward Hospital in Naperville, Illinois to diversify its product base to include health and fitness services. Critical to the success of the new venture was the hospital's preventive health orientation, which matches the health care needs and interests of...
- DIRECT CHOICE/DAVID LLOYD HEALTH CLUBS. Wood, Andy // Marketing (00253650);3/13/2003, p8
Presents author's opinion about direct marketing strategies adopted by David Lloyd Health Clubs. Mail received by the author; Author's reaction on the mail.
- Franchise Welcomes the Neighborhood Club. P. K. // Fitness Business Pro;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p17
The article focuses on the expansion of the American Bodyworks, a franchise fitness facility that involves group fitness classes and child care in Marietta, Georgia. Four franchises were opened in mid-April 2007 with two more for presale. By the end of 2007, 20 more franchises are planned to be...
- Read All About It. Peterson, Laura // American Fitness;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p44
Points out the importance of customer newsletters to health clubs. How to create a newsletter; Distribution of newsletter; Frequency of publishing newsletter.
- Local promotion. Koss-Feder, Laura // Hotel & Motel Management;2/3/97, Vol. 212 Issue 2, p32
Discusses approaches on how hotels can make an exercise facility and spa a significant revenue producer. Sale of individual and corporate memberships; Projected direct and indirect revenues from local marketing; Promotions adopted by some hotels in the United States.