MORAL DEGRADATION OF INDIAN YOUTH: AN EMERGING ISSUE
- Values as the Basis of the Goals of Upbringing. Nikandrov, N. D. // Russian Social Science Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p66
Focuses on the universal human values as the basis of the goals of upbringing. Definition of universal human values; Problem of how to inculcate the fundamental virtues; How the idea of universal human values was reflected in the works of thinkers of ancient times.
- Orthodoxy. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/21/95, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p36
Comments on a letter from an `Alberta Report' reader which commented on the changeable nature of moral values. Dependence of moral values on society acceptance; Absence of grounds for changing social convention if social convention is the sole basis of morality; Need for objective standard for...
- Values for contemporary nursing practice: Waving or drowning? Gallagher, Ann // Nursing Ethics;
The author reflects on the value of sustaining ethical practices in medical care services in Great Britain. She discusses her experience of visiting New Zealand and Australia wherein she was impressed by the work ethics of hospital and university staff and students. She explores the...
- Etiquette for today. Post, Peggy // Good Housekeeping;Aug99, Vol. 229 Issue 2, p48
Addresses several questions about ethics. How to stop inquiries without being rude; Telephone etiquette; How to confront a suspected neighbor.
- Ethics Is Not Optional. // Association Management;Dec2001, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p30
Presents an article which focuses on ethics in organizations. Creation and nurturing of a values-based culture; Awareness of a core of shared values; Information on moral courage.
- Scaling a sandy slope. Volf, Miroslav // Christian Century;05/10/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 15, p544
Ponders on the material wealth of human beings. How one strives for the accumulation of material wealth while coping with the changes in society; Views of author Friedrich Nietzche about man's obsession for power, glory and money; Theological reflection on God's infinity and human's insatiability.
- VALUE ANALYSIS OF POLITICAL BEHAVIOR-- SELF-INTERESTED : MORALISTIC :: ALTRUISTIC : MORAL. Baron, Jonathan // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jan2003, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p1135
Analyzes the influence of moralistic values on the political behavior in the U.S. Relationship between the quality of government and the quality of people's lives; Types of goals in political decision making; Accountability of decision makers to the consequences of political behavior.
- PHILOSOPHICAL ETHICS AND THE SOCIAL SCIENCES. Smith, T. V. // Social Forces;Sep28, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p17
In a recent radio sermon a minister declared that there are three kinds of logicï¿½inductive, deductive, and holy logic. Ethics, too, has historically been largely of the holy type. On the other extreme of course there has been also the plain barnyard variety of ethics. Idealism came to be...
- VIEW from the Pulpit. Fletcher, Adrian // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);1/1/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
The author emphasizes that humanity is made up of portion of God where in they are undesirable meat mixed with the beauties and perfection of creation, tied up in a bundle of time as well as encourages to transform into that which is holy and eternal.