Sleepless in the squadron
- The Ragged Edge Of Fatigue. Cooper, Philip // Flying Safety;Mar2005, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p14
Presents an article on fatigue among U.S. airmen and its effect on their job performance.
- Fatigue Facts for Aviators ... and Everybody Else! CALDWELL, DR. JOHN // Flying Safety;Sep98, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p20
Discusses the consequences of fatigue for military aviators. Impairment of alertness and performance due to fatigue; Evidence that fatigue-related problems have reached almost epidemic proportions; Physiological aspects of fatigue; Costs associated with fatigue; Major causes of fatigue;...
- A SLEEPY SOCIETY: Why Teens Don't Get Enough Sleep. Bridgemohan; Esherick, Joan // Dead on Their Feet: Teen Sleep Deprivation & Its Consequences;2004, p10
This article examines why adolescents do not get enough sleep. A recent study by the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) found that 60 percent of people under the age of eighteen complained of daytime tiredness. Kids are not alone in their exhaustion. The NSF reports that 40 percent of adults say...
- anti-tired tactics. Farquhar, Amelia R. // Redbook;Jan2004, Vol. 202 Issue 1, p36
Offers ideas on relieving tiredness. Energy boosting tips for the New Year's Eve; Relaxation technique for an early waking up problem; Acupressure tactic for stimulating the nervous system meridian.
- How Much Does Employee Fatigue Cost? Atkinson, William // Credit Union Executive Journal;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p25
Reveals that United States companies lose lots of money as a result of employee fatigue, according to the National Commission on Sleep Disorders. Effects of employee fatigue; Causes of employer fatigue; Tips to reduce employer fatigue.
- The silent killer. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the fatigue faced by fleet managers, mechanics and drivers in the U.S. Findings of a sleep research conducted by the U.S. Air Force; Information on microsleep; Effect of sleepiness on the quality and quantity of work done by employees.
- Wish You Had Lots More Energy? Gotthardt, Melissa Meyers // Cosmopolitan;Aug99, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p140
Provides information on the vitality and energy of some women. Fatigue problems experienced by some women; Causes of fatigue problems; Relation of fatigue to sleeping habits; Significance of exercise to gain flexibility and strength; Implications of diet and water intake to vitality and strength.
- DEAD TIRED. POPE, STEPHEN // Flying;Nov2014, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p60
The article discusses sleep research showing how and why pilot fatigue is a greater danger and at high risk of flying, highlighting the need for companies to acknowledge and take action about pilot fatigue problem by educating pilots about fatigue dangers. INSET: GETTING A GOOD NIGHT'S REST.
- HEALTH. Stewart, Julie // Men's Health;Mar2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p38
The article presents information on some recent studies related to health. According to researchers in Taiwan, Kiwifruits contain Serotonin, a brain chemical that regulates sleep cycle anf therefore, they help to fall asleep. A study by Clemson University researchers found that difficulty in...