AFPC hosts first-ever MSS commander board
- Family Matters. Hayward, George // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p24
Reports the importance of the United States Air Force family programs designed to support and help families who are left behind by deployed military personnel. Information on the family readiness noncommissioned officers program at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base; Benefits of the program.
- The Sands of Time. Hayward, George // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the personnel assigned at the Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait. Reasons for the one-year remote assignments; Comments from Colonel Paul Shafer, Commander of Al Jaber's 332nd Air Expeditionary Group; Significance of keeping a positive attitude on the job.
- A City of 23,000. Kercheval, Howard // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p15
Interviews U.S. Colonel Jan Eakle, commander of the 377th Air Base Wing at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico. Details of her function as base commander; Operations inside the military base; Impact of the non-military population inside the base. INSETS: Closeup of Holloman and Cannon;Who's...
- THE NEW, QUIETER ARMED FORCES. // New Yorker;4/14/1956, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p129
The article presents a communication distributed at an Air Force base by a commanding U.S. Air Force officer. It states that unnecessary noise will cease within the headquarters. The officer finds whistling as torture. He has fired more men from whistling than any other offense. He has observed...
- We Don't Really Take Care of Our People, But We Could. Ray, Commander David M. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2014, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p12
In this article, the author reflects on the need for the U.S. Navy to take care of its officers. Topics discussed include helping a E-3 hospital corpsman talking to the U.S. Air Force sergeant in the passenger terminal at al Udeid Air Base, Qatar on how to get into Iraq, making own hotel...
- USAF F-16 Pilot Missing After Crash. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/4/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 22, p59
The article reports that U.S. Air Force Major Troy L. Gilbert, pilot of an F-16C aircraft, was missing after the aircraft crashed in the province of Al Anbar, Iraq on November 27, 2006. The F-16C carried Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico markings on the tail and was flying out of Balad Air Base,...
- For the Air Reserve Personnel Center, it was a decade of mobilizations. Nelson, Mark // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2013, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p18
The article presents a history of the U.S. Air Reserve Personnel Center at Buckley Air Force Base in Colorado in honor of its 60th anniversary. It mentions that officials at the center executed mobilizations in the 1960s including the Berlin Crisis of 1961, the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962, and...
- APerfect Fit. Stannard, Natasha // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2014, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p28
The article focuses on judge advocate general officer Captain Brian Walker, who spent his summer in Air Force Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama as an instructor of Commissioned Officer Training (CTO) course. Topics discussed include information on CTO to provide...
- High-fivin' `n' Huggin'. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the Musgrove Family Bowl, a bowling program for mentally disabled United States Air Force family members in Clearfield, Utah. Benefits of the program; Other games included in the program; Experiences of the handicapped athletes who participated in the program.