AMC increases flying crew chief authorization
- Air Mobility Command. // Airman;Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
Presents information on the Air Mobility Command (AMC) of the U.S. Air Force as of January 2002. Organizations under the AMC; Mission and responsibilities of the AMC; Number of staff the AMC has; Top officials and Web address of the AMC.
- Air Mobility Command. // Airman;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p12
Features the Air Mobility Command of the U.s. Air Force. Mission of the organization; Number of people; Location of headquarters.
- Upgrades dominate US airlift plans. // Interavia Business & Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 641, p40
Presents upgrades on military airplanes in the United States. Plans of the U.S. Air Force's Air Mobility Command to spend less money on buying new aircraft; Support of avionics integration efforts by Lockheed Martin Federal Systems; Complete propulsion package for military aircraft. INSET:...
- SAFETY Q & A WITH SENIOR LEADERSHIP. Handy, John W. // Flying Safety;Jun2004, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p4
Interviews General John W. Handy, Commander of the U.S. Air Force Air Mobility Command.
- `...on the leading edge of excellence'. Bennett, Don A. // Flying Safety;Oct94, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the outstanding performance of the 121st Air Refueling Wing (ARW) of Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base, Ohio at the US Air Mobility Command's Rodeo '94, a showcase of air refueling and airdrop, held at the McChord AFB in Washington. Features of the competition; Awards garnered by...
- Airmen assist battle of Florida wildfires. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the support efforts of the Air Mobility Command of the United States Air Force to quench the wildfires in Florida. Missions coordinated at Tanker Airlift Control center at the Scott Air Force Base in Illinois; Groups involved in the effort; Estimated destruction caused by the fire.
- Air Force On Track For iPad-Induced Savings. // AVweb;6/3/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 23a, p7
The article discusses the benefits of using Apple computer tablets iPads for the Air Force Mobility Command, including a 50-million dollar savings over 10 years from 2013.
- Air Force chooses Vista moving map for avionics. J.M. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Feb97, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the selection of the moving-map software Vista from RMS Technology as a more accurate means of navigation for the US Air Force Air Mobility Command's cargo planes in hazardous conditions. Demonstration of the Vista/Global Positioning System (GPS) integration; Versions; Program...
- Air Force is planning a big iPad purchase from Apple. // Hill;2/13/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p25
The article reports on the plan by the U.S Air Force Air mobility Command to issue a request for proposals to purchase over 18,000 iPad 2 tablet computers from Apple Inc. to lighten the load of their flight crews.