Air Force releases enhanced flight screening study
- GE90 begins ETOPS flight tests. Kandebo, Stanley W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/8/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 15, p27
Relates that General Electric and Boeing have begun ETOPS flight tests of the company's GE90 engine on the 777 transport plane. ETOPS as Extended Twin Operations over water tests; Beginning of tests from Boeing Field near Seattle, Washington to Frobisher Bay, Northwest Territories; Two issues...
- Third JSF arrives at NAS Patuxent river. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the test flight of the third F-35B Lightning II at Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland in February 2010.
- GARBAGE IN, NOTHING OUT. Johnstone, Karl // Flying;Jun2000, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p125
Relates the flight testing of Questair Venture airplane.
- Progress with WAAS. // Flying;Jan2003, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p29
Reports that Wide Area Augmentation System has passed an integrity test after some failures in the past trials. Availability of the system; Considerable capabilities of the system; Precision approach of the organization.
- Dutch treat. Ates, Ron // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p5
Describes an incident involving a pilot and a maintenance troubleshooter during the preflight testing of a taxi-light circuit breaker. Problems encountered in resetting the circuit breaker; Lessons learned from the incident.
- Post-maintenance flight test hazards. Aarons, Richard N. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Nov97, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p98
Presents information on the maintenance flight test which is known to be challenging and fun, but yet dangerous, with reference to an Airborne Express (ABX) DC-8-63 test flight crash on December 22, 1996. Where the flight took place; How many injuries; Circumstances surrounding the crash.
- Datalink. // Flying;Apr2003, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p42
Reports that the ACSS has completed flight testing on its combined terrain and traffic collision avoidance system.
- G3. Goyer, Robert // Flying;Sep2007, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p60
The article describes a test flight on the Cirrus G3 turbocharged airplane.
- FLIGHT TESTS ON SH-60Ks. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/24/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 13, p17
Reports the flight test of Sikorsky SH-60K at the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagoya, Japan.