Is There Room for Free-Roaming Bison in Greater Yellowstone
- Where did the bison go? Morgan, Dot // Cricket;May96, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on bisons. Background history; Predators; Fears on the bison going extinct.
- Winter and Park Service pact threaten Yellowstone bison. Wilkinson, Todd // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the effects that an interim bison management plan drafted by the federal government and the state of Montana is having on the bison population of the Yellowstone National Park. Terms of the pact; Number of the bison population that has been slaughtered; Comments from Yellowstone...
- Fenced in...or finished. Rudner, R. // Field & Stream;Nov91, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p46
Examines the controversy over bison management in Montana and in Yellowstone National Park (Idaho, Wyoming, Montana). Disease called brucellosis which causes cattle to abort; Furor over the 1988/1989 bison hunt. Montana's 1985 law declaring bison a big-game animal; Need for an effective bison...
- The last beast place. Knox, Margaret L. // Sierra;May/Jun97, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the slaughter of bison in Yellowstone National Park. Concerns on the spread of Brucella abortus to cattle in the wild; Wildlife policy issues; Reactions from environmentalists.
- NPCA launches bison campaign. Heinrich, M. Katherine // National Parks;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 71 Issue 7/8, p21
Reports on the National Parks and Association and Montana businesses' effort to press solution to the political dispute that devastated the Yellowstone National Park's bison herd in winter of 1997. Percentage of the park's bison which survived the winter of 1997; Reason for the political dispute...
- Yellowstone Park bison are starving and being shot due to a hare-brained wildlife management policy. Chase, Alston // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/10/97, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p21
Comments on the killing of bison in the Yellowstone Park. Impact of the overpopulation of bison on the habitat of other creatures in the park; Flaws in the park's wildlife management policy; Conflicts between ecologists and environmentalists regarding preservationism.
- Holy Calf! // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/10/2012, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p3
The article features the birth of Yellow Medicine Dancing Boy, a rare bison with a white coat, in Goshen, Connecticut.
- NWF confronts Montana governor on Bison slaughter. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p8
States that the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) has appealed to Montana Governor Marc Racicot, in relation to the aims of sharp shooters to kill bison which wander outside Yellowstone National Park in winter 1998. Amount of bison which were killed in winter 1997; Reason the bison were...
- Kill crisis. Sakariassen, Alex // Missoula Independent;2/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the possibility of the bison management in Yellowstone National Park to perform a large-scale bison kill as they corraled 382 bison at Stephens Creek in Montana.