- Editorial. Beasley, Christine; Warin, Megan // Health Sociology Review;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p124
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on biomedical understanding of health and another one on obesity.
- Your Weight,Your Health. // Body Bulletin;Mar2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p5
Presents questions to determine if extra weight can be considered as a health concern.
- Shape up or ship out? E.B. // Medical Update;Feb96, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
Reports on a Canadian study published in the December 27, 1995 `Journal of the American Medical Association' that sought to determine the health risks posed by an elevated body mass index (BMI) that is not associated with an elevated waist-to-hip ratio (WHR). Evaluation of patterns of blood...
- What's Obesity Got to Do With Management? // Public Management (00333611);Oct2002, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p30
Reports developments related to health in the U.S. as of October 2002. Rise in the prevalence of adolescent obesity; Health impacts of land-use decision making; Economic cost of obesity.
- Fit and fat? Sullivan, Dana // Shape;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on new research which suggests that carrying some extra weight might not compromise health after all. Findings of a study at the Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research in Dallas that overweight men who exercised regularly lived just as long as men of normal weight; Body Mass Index;...
- Being fat is deadly... // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct96, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p113
Reports on the health problems associated with obesity according to study findings by researchers in New York. Correlation between obesity and death rates.
- If you're not overweight, now might be the time to diet. Dolby, Victoria // Better Nutrition;Jun97, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the causal role of obesity in poor health and death. Failure of long-term maintenance of a person's normal weight; Phenomenon of regaining weight after a weight-loss program; Risk of weight gain in the average American diet; Causes of obesity. INSET: Getting help from diet aids..
- The evidence keeps pouring in: Obesity is hazardous to our health. Anderson-Parrado, Patricia // Better Nutrition;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p34
Presents information on the effects that obesity have on health. Reference to a study published in the `British Medical Journal,' on the issue; Relation between obesity and coronary heart disease; Effect of heart disease on the American population; Detailed information on the findings of the study.
- Fast Facts. // Medical Economics;2/21/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p13
Presents statistical data depicting the world health status. Number of underweight person; Percentage of overweight persons.