Nutritional support in patients with GVHD of the digestive tract: state of the art
- Weight loss and reduced body mass index: a critical issue in children with multiorgan chronic graft-versus-host disease. Browning, B.; Thormann, K.; Seshadri, R.; Duerst, R.; Kletzel, M.; Jacobsohn, D. A. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Mar2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p527
Weight loss and malnutrition are major problems in patients with chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD). In adults, low body mass index (BMI) is a predictor for mortality; however, weight loss and BMI have not been studied in pediatric chronic GVHD. A retrospective study on 18 children with...
- ENZO BIOCHEM TREATMENT RIDS TRANSPLANTATION SIDE EFFECTS. // Worldwide Biotech;Jul2000, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the treatment developed by scientists at Hadassah University Hospital and Enzo Biochem Inc. which reversed the side effects of a graft versus host disease in an individual receiving bone marrow stem cell transplantation.
- A Follicular Lichenoid Eruption as Manifestation of Chronic Graft-vs-Host Disease. Valks, R.; Vargas, E.; Fraga, J.; Peñas, P. F.; Fernández-Herrera, J. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;09/01/98, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p386
Presents a case report of a bone marrow transplant patient who developed chronic graft-vs-host disease (GVHD) characterized by peculiar, follicular, lichenoid eruptions. Medical history of the patient; Medications given to the patient; Rarity of follicular eruption being the major clinical...
- graft-versus-host disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p979
A definition of the term "graft-versus-host disease" (GVH), which refers to the immunological injury suffered by an immunosuppressed recipient of a bone marrow transplant, is presented.
- Posaconazole prophylaxis a winner in patients with GVHD. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/21/2012, Issue 645, p9
The article discusses research being done on the cost effectiveness of posaconazole in patients with graft-versus-host-disease (GVHD), referencing a study by A. K. O'Sullivan et al, published in the January 15, 2012 issue of the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy."
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in chronic graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Martin, S J; Audrain, M A P; Oksman, F; Ecoiffier, M; Attal, M; Milpied, N; Esnault, V L M // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p45
We studied the usefulness of monitoring antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD), a major complication of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Antigen-specific ELISA and indirect immunofluorescence (IIF) were used to search for ANCA in 47...
- Response from Dr Gaziev. Gaziev, D // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/15/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p461
Focuses on chronic graft-versus-host-disease.
- Playing host to rash and raging diarrhea. Greenwald, David A.; Brandt, Lawrence J. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p168
Presents an analysis of a medical case involving a 49-year-old man who was previously diagnosed with multiple myeloma and treated with high doses of chemotherapeutic drugs followed by allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplant. Development of maculopapular rash involving the trunk, palms and...
- Chronic intestinal graft-versus-host disease: clinical, histological and immunohistochemical analysis of 17 children. de Serre, N. Patey-Mariaud; Reijasse, D.; Verkarre, V.; Canioni, D.; Colomb, V.; Haddad, E.; Brousse, N. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;2/1/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p223
Presents a study which investigated the clinical, histological and immunohistochemical features of chronic graft-versus-host disease. Background on the disease; Methodology; Results and discussion.