Nutritional support in patients with GVHD of the digestive tract: state of the art
- ENZO BIOCHEM TREATMENT RIDS TRANSPLANTATION SIDE EFFECTS. // Worldwide Biotech;Jul2000, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the treatment developed by scientists at Hadassah University Hospital and Enzo Biochem Inc. which reversed the side effects of a graft versus host disease in an individual receiving bone marrow stem cell transplantation.
- A Follicular Lichenoid Eruption as Manifestation of Chronic Graft-vs-Host Disease. Valks, R.; Vargas, E.; Fraga, J.; Pe�as, P. F.; Fern�ndez-Herrera, J. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;09/01/98, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p386
Presents a case report of a bone marrow transplant patient who developed chronic graft-vs-host disease (GVHD) characterized by peculiar, follicular, lichenoid eruptions. Medical history of the patient; Medications given to the patient; Rarity of follicular eruption being the major clinical...
- Playing host to rash and raging diarrhea. Greenwald, David A.; Brandt, Lawrence J. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p168
Presents an analysis of a medical case involving a 49-year-old man who was previously diagnosed with multiple myeloma and treated with high doses of chemotherapeutic drugs followed by allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplant. Development of maculopapular rash involving the trunk, palms and...
- Chronic intestinal graft-versus-host disease: clinical, histological and immunohistochemical analysis of 17 children. de Serre, N. Patey-Mariaud; Reijasse, D.; Verkarre, V.; Canioni, D.; Colomb, V.; Haddad, E.; Brousse, N. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;2/1/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p223
Presents a study which investigated the clinical, histological and immunohistochemical features of chronic graft-versus-host disease. Background on the disease; Methodology; Results and discussion.
- graft-versus-host disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p979
A definition of the term "graft-versus-host disease" (GVH), which refers to the immunological injury suffered by an immunosuppressed recipient of a bone marrow transplant, is presented.
- Long-term follow-up of a prospective randomized trial comparing CYA and MTX with CYA and mycophenolate mofetil for GVHD prophylaxis in myeloablative sibling donor hematopoietic cell transplantation. Hamilton, B K; Bolwell, B; Kalaycio, M; Rybicki, L; Hanna, R; Sobecks, R; Pohlman, B; Andresen, S; Dean, R; Duong, H; Hill, B; Copelan, E // Bone Marrow Transplantation;
A letter to the editor is presented on a prospective randomized trial which compares CYA and MMF with the standard CYA and MTX for GVHD prophylaxis in myeloablative matched related donor transplants.
- Posaconazole prophylaxis a winner in patients with GVHD. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/21/2012, Issue 645, p9
The article discusses research being done on the cost effectiveness of posaconazole in patients with graft-versus-host-disease (GVHD), referencing a study by A. K. O'Sullivan et al, published in the January 15, 2012 issue of the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy."
- Voriconazole. // Reactions Weekly;2/23/2008, Issue 1190, p26
The article describes cases of two patients who had undergone bone marrow transplantation and had graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) and developed blistering eruptions while receiving voriconazole. The first patient received voriconazole for disseminated Fusarium infection, while the second...
- Gastrointestinal chronic graft-versus-host disease: management options. Awan, Farrukh; Hamadani, Mehdi // Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice;Mar2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p49
Abstract: Chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) is a common and debilitating condition afflicting a number of allogeneic stem cell recipients more than 100 days after their transplant. Limited options are available for the acute management of patients with severe gastrointestinal (GI)...