- Getting 'Real' For HBO. DeSalvo, Kathy // SHOOT;09/15/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 37, p7
Reports on Kenan Moran's direction of special segments for cable television network Home Box Office's 'Real Sex' series. Conduct of man-on-the-street interviews of real people; How Moran convinced people on the street to reveal their sexual thoughts and desires.
- CableCard Set-Tops Top 22.75 Million. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;10/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p28
The article reports on the deployment of 22.75 million leased set-top boxes with CableCards by the biggest cable operators of the U.S.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Cable companies strike PCS pact. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p20
Reports on the team up of five cable operators to develop personal communications services. Tele-Communications Inc., Time Warner, Continental Cablevision, Comcast Corp. and Cox Cable as the companies; Competition against telephone companies in wireless technologies; Ownership possibilities.
- Top cable shows and nets. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p72
Presents the top 15 basic cable programs for November 22 to November 28, 1993, ranked by households tuning in. Source as Nielsen Media Research; Programs; Networks; Time; Hours; Ratings.