- Getting 'Real' For HBO. DeSalvo, Kathy // SHOOT;09/15/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 37, p7
Reports on Kenan Moran's direction of special segments for cable television network Home Box Office's 'Real Sex' series. Conduct of man-on-the-street interviews of real people; How Moran convinced people on the street to reveal their sexual thoughts and desires.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p47
Reports on developments in the cable industry for the week ended January 10, 1994. Development of a cable network by Nelson Goldberg, president and chief executive of Gaming Entertainment Television; Reiss Media Entertainment's announcement of bringing `Chippendales' to pay per view;...
- Cable's night out. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/3/94, Vol. 124 Issue 40, p26
Presents a photograph of cable television executives who participated in the 1994 Walter Kaitz Foundation Dinner in New York.
- Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/3/94, Vol. 124 Issue 40, p30
Presents the ranking of top 15 cable programs in the United States for the week September 19 to 25, 1994 based on households tuning in. Includes `NFL Football'; `NFL Prime Time'; `CFA Prime Time.'