A VALIDATION STUDY OF THE AIDS HEALTH BELIEF SCALE
- Mothers' and adolescents' perceptions of AIDS vulnerability. Boone, Tanya; Lefkowitz, Eva; Romo, Laura; Corona, Rosalie; Sigman, Marian; Au, Terry // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Jul2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p347
The authors examined perceived vulnerability to AIDS among mothers and adolescents. One hundred and eleven mother-adolescent dyads of Latino descent participated in the study, completing questionnaires about perceived AIDS vulnerability, exposure to people with AIDS, AIDS knowledge, and...
- Fear of AIDS. // Society;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
This article focuses on the fear of AIDS in the U.S. More than 40 percent of U.S adults are concerned that they will contract AIDS, and fear of having the deadly disease is prompting many people to change their sexual behavior and take other precautions, the latest Gallup poll indicates. Results...
- AIDS GROUP TO TEACH BONDAGE. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;1/10/2002, pN.PAG
Reports that Great Britain's Gay Men AIDS group will re-run its instructional course Bondage 4 Beginners, a class on handcuffs, gags, rope tying and negotiating safe sex. Significance of the course to gay men; Behaviors that improve men's abilities to negotiate safe sex; Classes to be offered...
- The sex wars are back. Rotello, Gabriel // Advocate;09/30/97, Issue 743, p70
Reports on sex wars back in the late 1970s and early 1980s wherein gay men and lesbians engaged in debates over sexuality. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) as part of the landscape in mid 1990s; Information about the book, `Sexual Ecology'; Constructing gay male sexuality in the 1970s.
- Bisexual Men and HIV Infection. Klitsch, Michael // Family Planning Perspectives;May/Jun92, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p99
This article presents information related to bisexual men and HIV infection. Bisexual men are an important route for the transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) to black and Hispanic women. Case records for more than 65,000 U.S. men diagnosed with AIDS between June 1981 and June...
- SEX ED: HOW HE CAN GET AN A+ BETWEEN THE SHEETS. White, Merran // Cleo;Sep2002, Issue 359, p84
Presents information on the common misconception of men on the sexual needs of women. Importance of foreplay to women; Tips for women to boost the ego of her mate.
- Can sex make you skinny? Kemp, K.M. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Sep2003, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p286
The article finds out calories burnt during a night of sex, by sending three couples to their bedrooms three separate times. It is seen that while the calorie-burning effects of sex won't replace an aerobics class, sex has plenty of other health benefits. Calories burnt for men and women may...
- SEX OLYMPICS. Swierczynski, Duane // Men's Health;Sep2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p80
Suggests several ways of improving men's sex performance. Information on the Semans Stop-Start method; Tips on oral sex; Details on the most sensitive areas of women.
- Conversation starters. // Cosmopolitan;Apr2003, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p266
Focuses on some facts about men and women related to sex.