SEXUAL DESIRE AND PRACTICE AMONG PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV AND USING COMBINATION ANTI-RETROVIRAL THERAPIES
- THE SEXUAL EVOLUTION. Dyer, Candice // Atlanta;Jun2001, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p62
Reports on the changes in people's attitudes toward sex 20 years after the United States Centers for Disease Control & Prevention noted the first cases of AIDS in the country. Effects of fear about AIDS on people's sex life; AIDS stigma during the early 1980s; AIDS-related deaths since 1981;...
- COMING OF AGE IN THE AGE OF AIDS. Harbour, Jessica // Atlanta;Jun2001, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p69
Reflects on how AIDS affected one's attitude towards sex. Early exposure to sex; Lessons learned from sex education; Worries about AIDS; Changes in attitude towards AIDS and sex.
- Human Sexuality in a Sexually Polymorphous World. Strauss, Gary H.; Yarhouse, Mark A. // Journal of Psychology & Theology;Summer2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p99
Investigates the views and practices related to human sexuality in Afghanistan. Nature of sexuality under the traditional culture; Manifestations in sexual polymorphism; Influence of human sexuality in the prevalence of AIDS.
- Palliative care and vulnerability of self. Öhlén, Joakim // Contemporary Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profess;2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how sexuality and intimacy is communicated in palliative care, another on a study of Thai family members to AIDS patients and one on nurses working in anthroposophic palliative care.
- Life Satisfaction of Single Middle-Aged Professional Women. Lewis, Virginia G.; Borders, L. DiAnne // Journal of Counseling & Development;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p94
This study examined 10 factors and their relation to the life satisfaction of single middle-aged professional women. The proposed regression model, which included job satisfaction, gender identity, locus of control, social support, health, financial resources, leisure-time activities, sexual...
- Prostate Cancer Survivors' and Partners' Self-Reports of Health-Related Quality of Life, Treatment Symptoms, and Marital Satisfaction 2.5-5.5 Years After Treatment. Galbraith, Michael E.; Archiga, Adam; Ramirez, Jose; Pedro, Leli W. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2005 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pE30
Purpose/Objectives: To describe health-related quality of life (QOL), health status,and marital satisfaction of couples as much as 5.5 years after treatment for prostate cancer. Design: Survey with longitudinal, comparative, and predictive elements. Setting: A tertiary care nonprofit medical...
- From the Editor. Ducharme, Stanley H. // Sexuality & Disability;Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p233
Introduces volume 20 of the journal 'Sexuality and Disability.' Focus on issues related to sexuality and cancer; Clinical aspects of breast and prostate cancer; Importance of quality of life issues for men and women with cancer.
- Reliability and validity of the sexual life quality questionnaire (SLQQ). Woodward, Jean M.B.; Hass, Steven L.; Woodward, Paul J. // Quality of Life Research;Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p365
The sexual life quality questionnaire (SLQQ) was developed to evaluate sexual quality of life (QOL) and satisfaction with treatments for erectile dysfunction among patients and their sexual partners. This paper describes the development of the instrument and reports its psychometric properties...
- Fear of AIDS. // Society;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
This article focuses on the fear of AIDS in the U.S. More than 40 percent of U.S adults are concerned that they will contract AIDS, and fear of having the deadly disease is prompting many people to change their sexual behavior and take other precautions, the latest Gallup poll indicates. Results...