IS THERE AN EARLY-30s PEAK IN FEMALE SEXUAL DESIRE? CROSS-SECTIONAL EVIDENCE FROM THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
- we like to stareâ€¦there. // Redbook;Oct2007, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p106
The article reports on the results of a study on sex, from the Emory University and Kinney Institute in Atlanta, Georgia. When shown pictures of people having sex, women actually gaze at the genitals longer than men do, while men focus on the faces more than women do. Study co-author Heather...
- SEX ED: HOW HE CAN GET AN A+ BETWEEN THE SHEETS. White, Merran // Cleo;Sep2002, Issue 359, p84
Presents information on the common misconception of men on the sexual needs of women. Importance of foreplay to women; Tips for women to boost the ego of her mate.
- Can sex make you skinny? Kemp, K.M. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Sep2003, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p286
The article finds out calories burnt during a night of sex, by sending three couples to their bedrooms three separate times. It is seen that while the calorie-burning effects of sex won't replace an aerobics class, sex has plenty of other health benefits. Calories burnt for men and women may...
- Conversation starters. // Cosmopolitan;Apr2003, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p266
Focuses on some facts about men and women related to sex.
- Ask the Guy Next Door. Carter, Clint // Women's Health;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to men, including the fastest, nonphysical way to turn a guy on, how much of a tomboy men like in a woman, and whether there is a red flag when a guy claims he does not sleep well with other people.
- SEX OLYMPICS. Swierczynski, Duane // Men's Health;Sep2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p80
Suggests several ways of improving men's sex performance. Information on the Semans Stop-Start method; Tips on oral sex; Details on the most sensitive areas of women.
- Girls' talk. // Ralph;Nov2005, p89
Presents views of several women on sex. Place that they have had sex; Engagement in a one-night stand; Involvement in sex inside a nightclub; Advice for men about picking up women.
- Serial monogamy increases reproductive success in men but not in women. Jokela, Markus; Rotkirch, Anna; Rickard, Ian J.; Pettay, Jenni; Lummaa, Virpi // Behavioral Ecology;Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p906
Evolutionary theory predicts that males seek more sexual partners than females because of their higher fitness benefits from such a reproductive strategy. Accordingly, variance in numbers of partners and offspring is expected to be greater and association between mating and reproductive success...
- Reviving desire. Griffin, Katherine; Foltz-Gray, Dorothy // Real Simple;Apr2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p180
Sexual pleasure is best cultivated with plentiful, uncluttered time â€” a commodity that has become a luxury. Women are more likely than men to suffer from depression, which can bring both fatigue and a loss of desire. Sex researchers speak of four sexual stages: desire, arousal, orgasm,...