RUNNING HOT AND COLD: TODAY'S FOOD BARS
- Community Building. // Food Management;Aug2011, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p22
The article offers information on the C4C college dining facility, which won the Best New Facility category of "Food Management's" 2011 Best Concept Awards, of the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado.
- Heathier choices gain favor. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p76
Reports on the entree salads offered in schools food service. Growth in the popularity of salads in elementary schools; Healthy salads served in some schools; Variations of salads offered at the Hillsborough County schools.
- Promoting salad bars. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p118
Discusses the efforts of school food service directors to promote salad bars in school cafeterias. Provision of a variety of vegetables, fruits and composed salads; Offering of self-serve salad bars; Setting up of salad bars during meetings; Popularity of all-you-can eat salad bars.
- At the bar. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p148
Features salad bars found in cafeterias controlled by Brandywine Schools District, which is located in Claymont, Delaware. Comments from food service director Kim Doherty; Information on the self-serve bars. INSETS: The game plan for ready-to-go salads.;Today Caesar reigns..
- Ethnic specialties rule. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p72
Describes the popularity of deli sandwiches and salads in schools in the U.S. as of August 2002. Percentage of students at Kent Place School in Summit, New Jersey who will choose items from the deli bar; Recipe for Thousand Island Dressing from Kent Place; Price for a regular deli sandwich at...
- A Lean, Mean, Quality Machine. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p16
The article features the dining hall of University of Colorado-Boulder's (CU-Boulder) Center for Community (C4C) building. It states that the Italian Cibo restaurant is one of the ten stations of the dining hall. It highlights Amy Beckstrom, director of dining services at the CU-Boulder, who has...
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of August 15, 2004. Resignation of Nadeem Siddiqui as executive director of dining services at Stanford University; Launch of specialty salads at Palm Beach School District as reimbursable meals in its middle schools and high schools;...
- Cypress salads a big hit. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the increase in salad consumption in cafeterias at Cypress-Fairbanks Unified School District. Food service director Matthew Morgan says the district served approximately 2,000 salads per day before the new salads were added, but by the end of the year, it was averaging 3,500.
- Salad Satisfaction. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p67
The article looks at the innovative fruit salad idea adopted by George Malchiodi, director of dining services at Flik Independent School Dining, for the Lycee Francais de New York in Manhattan, New York City.