FOR FLAVOR AND NUTRITION: BEAN THERE? DO THAT!
- Special bean recipes. Anderson, James W. // Diabetes in the News;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p50
Presents three bean recipes for diabetics. Bean spread; Red bean lasagna; Bean-corn salad.
- Baked Bean Melts. // Medical Update;Aug95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
Presents a health recipe using vegetarian baked beans. Ingredients; Food preparation; Nutritional information.
- Simply magic. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct97, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p14
Presents bean recipes from the book `Magic Beans'. Fruit and Nut Chili; Moroccan Lentil Salad; Best Black Bean and Rice Burritos. INSET: Quick dish..
- The recipes. // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p90
Presents various recipes of dishes with beans. Includes Curried Rice 'n' Beans; Lobster and Black Bean Fritters with Pickled Jalapeno Tartar Sauce; Pickled Jalapeno Tartar Sauce and Big Beans; Little Noodles.
- Bean cuisine. Haedrich, K.; Jarrett, L. // Country Journal;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p70
Offers several recipes using various varieties of beans, including pasta with white beans and broccoli, chickpea slaw, cornbread chili cobbler and black bean and sausage soup.
- Food. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 90, p15
Presents the recipe for Havana 'Moors and Christians' which is made with beans. Ingredients.
- The delights of bean cuisine. Conover, Kirsten A. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 90, p15
Presents information on cooking with beans. Dishes which beans are used in; Views of Brooke Dojny, author of `Full of Beans: 75 Exciting Tasty Recipes'; Locations where beans are the staple food.
- Spilling the beans. Mehlhouse, Bob // American Fitness;May/Jun95, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p64
Presents recipes for cooking beans. Americans' interest in beans as food; Moroccan Vegetable Stew; Caribbean Risotto. INSET: Bean basics..
- Bring on the beans. Perry, P. // Saturday Evening Post;Apr89, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p96
Discusses the nutritional benefits of beans and includes recipes. INSET: Preferred hot-soak method and quick-soak method.;Go soak your....
- Bean versatility. Lyons, Charlotte // Ebony;May1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p96
Presents recipes for beans, a nutritious and versatile food. Pinto, white, kidney, black and other kinds of beans; Cassoulet; Black-eyed peas and shrimp salad; Bean pie; Oriental bean toss; Western beans and rice; More.