HOT MEALS, FRESH AND QUICK: STIR-FRY SATISFIES
- Woks, Stir-Fries Set the Pace: Why Asian Is `Hot'. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p130
Features the Asian dishes served at the Wood City Hospital cafeteria in the United States. Characteristics of Asian dishes; Basic cooking methods for Asian dishes; Student participation in cooking Asian stir-fries at Hamilton College New York, New York; Standard procedures for stir-fry cooking.
- Stir it up. Lydecker, Toni // Restaurant Business;06/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p72
Focuses on stir-frying. Rapid cooking techniques in wok-seared dishes; Perceptions of customers on rapid cooking techniques as healthy choices for food preparations; Strategies used in stir-fry cooking; Several entrees in stir-frying.
- Cooking wisdom from the Far East. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Jun94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p7
Discusses some of the benefits of stir-frying food. Suggestions for cooking in a wok; Results of an experiment at the University of Nebraska which compared nutrient levels of foods cooked by different methods; Recipe.
- Stir-fry tops poll as UK's favourite dish. // Horticulture Week;2/3/2012, p23
The article discusses specialty broadcaster Food Network's report that stir-fry as Great Britain's most popular dish which is prepared regularly by more than half of the population.
- Chinese stir-fry is Britain's top dish. // South Asian Post;2/2/2012, p12
The article reports on a study from the firm Food Network UK which has identified that Chinese stir fry has become the favorite dish in Great Britain.
- California-Style Stir-Fry. Williams, John K. // Men's Fitness;Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p20
A recipe for California-Style Stir-Fry is presented.
- SPRING VEGETABLE STIR-FRY WITH TOFU. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p7
Presents a recipe for Spring Vegetable Stir-Fry With Tofu.
- Super Stir-Fry. Zimmerman, Matt // Scholastic Choices;Jan2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p24
The article presents information on the hygienic aspects of stir-fry.
- Cookin' lean. Ney, Tom // Prevention;Feb96, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p112
Presents method of stir-frying with just a scant amount of oil. Asian practice of stir-frying using sesame or peanut oil; Heating the wok to very hot before beginning and substituting flavored broth for oil; Procedure. INSET: Chop-chop..