Bbq becomes menu treat
- May Park makes al fresco dining easier for pubs this summer. // Wholesale News;May2012, Issue 5, p19
The article reports on the launch of a new menu by England-based Moy Park Foodservice known as BBQ Bonanza aims at helping pubs make the most of the summer season.
- PART IV: SEGMENT ANALYSIS: CHAPTER 30: BARBEQUE CASUAL-DINING RESTAURANTS. // Restaurant & Foodservice Market Research Handbook;2007, p165
Chapter 30 of the book "The 2007 Restaurant & Foodservice Market Research Handbook" is presented. It surveys U.S. barbeque casual-dining restaurants. The top three barbeque casual-dining chains are Famous Dave's Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que, Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q and Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill....
- A QUEUE FOR 'CUE. // New Orleans Magazine;Jul2004, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p25
Provides information on several restaurants specializing in barbecue cookery in New Orleans, Louisiana. Ernie Ladd's Big Cat Throw Down BBQ; Zydecue Bayou Barbecue; H&P Bar B-Q Masters.
- GYU-KAKU JAPANESE BBQ. Coomes, Steve // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p40
The article features the Honolulu, Hawaii-based Japanese-Korean barbecue restaurant Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Dining. According to the author, Gyu-Kaku's interactive dining scheme centers on the Korean practice of yakiniku in which diners cook their own food over charcoal or gas-fired braziers. The...
- FOOD TRUCK RALLIES AND WOOD-AGED BEERS. Morgan, Tara // Boise Weekly;12/4/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p26
A calendar of food & Beer events for Boise, Idaho in December 2013 is presented which includes the Weekend in the Woods, the Food Truck Rally and a K-Fusion Korean Barbecue and Grill.
- PREVIEWS & REVIEWS: Chandler/Gilbert. Orovan, Bill // Echo Magazine;1/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p73
The article evaluates Joe's Real BBQ restaurant in Chandler/Gilbert, Arizona. It describes the restaurant's building. It comments on the dishes and beverages offered at the restaurant.
- Bobby-Q, Great Steaks and Real BBQ. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/9/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the food services at Bobby-Q, a bar-restaurants, owned by Bob and Shelley Sikora in Phoenix, Arizona. The Sikoras traveled the western end of the country to study the ways of barbecue preparation. The couple tried to create a broader span of barbecue that would appeal to...
- Fast-growing chains capture imagination through diversity. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;9/6/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p66
Focuses on the trend in the menu offerings of several restaurants in the U.S. Expansion of chain restaurants featuring barbecue; Availability of fresh foods at Baja Fresh and Chipotle; Popularity of comfort food.
- Barbecue: Behind the Scenes. Murphy, Morgan // Southern Living;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p38
The article looks at the technique of barbecue cooking at the Arthur Bryant's restaurant in Kansas City, Missouri. The restaurant uses fruitwood and hickory for cooking cuts of ribs and briskets and double-strength picking vinegar in the sauce. The author believes that the restaurant's secret...