AFFIRMATIONS FROM BUSH ADMIN.: FOOD SAFETY 'STRENGTHENED'
- Murano confirmed. // Food Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p28
Reports the nomination of Elsa Murano as Undersecretary of Food Safety for the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Bush taps irradiation ally for top safety post. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p3
Reports the selection of Elsa Murano, director of the Center for Food Safety at Texas A&M University and an advocate of irradiation to kill Escherichia coli and other dangerous foodborne pathogens, as leader for the food safety programs of the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Food Safety: A Status Report. // Food Management;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on issues concerning food safety raised by Elsa Murano, Under Secretary for Food Safety at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) at IFMA COEX conference in May 2003, while giving attendees an update on government efforts to implement strategies that will more effectively protect the...
- HACCP: A status report. Murphy, Mark // National Provisioner;Sep2000, Vol. 214 Issue 9, p78
Presents a status report on the United States Department of Agriculture-mandated Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system designed to improve food-safety measures in meat and poultry plants. Effect on industry; Listeria concerns; HACCP in large plants; Small plant assessment;...
- Preparing Your Farm Food Safety Plan. Melendez, Meredith; Kline, Wesley // Plant & Pest Advisory: Fruit;9/25/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p2
The article focuses on the significance of the development of a farm food safety plan to avoid a harmonized audit by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). It mentions that farm sales must have an average of less than 500,000 dollars per year and that products must be sold within a 275-mile...
- Meat and poultry packers defeat civil-penalty initiative. // Prepared Foods;Jul98, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p47
Reports that meat and poultry packers in June 1998 defeated a proposal to give the United States Agricultural Department (USDA) authority to impose civil penalties for food safety violations. Authority given to the USDA.
- USDA targets meat processing. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's proposal of rules prohibiting meat processors from adding water to their products without a legitimate safety reason.
- Is Anyone Watching Over Our Food Supply? // Environmental Nutrition;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p6
The article offers information on the role of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on food safety in the country. It notes the FDA is the one responsible in managing all domestic and imported foods that are sold in interstate commerce. Meanwhile,...
- Latina tapped as president of nation's sixth-largest university. // Hispanic;Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the selection of Doctor Elsa Murano as president of Texas A&M University.