HOW TO MANAGE: VEGETARIAN DIETS
- supplements for vegetarians. BOWDEN, JONNY // Amazing Wellness;EarlyWinter2013, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p24
The article provides an answer to a question of supplements recommended for vegetarians to stay healthy.
- Dietary intakes and lifestyle factors of a vegan population in Germany: results from the German Vegan Study. Waldmann, A; Koschizke, J W; Leitzmann, C; Hahn, A // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Aug2003, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p947
Objective: Evaluation of dietary intakes and lifestyle factors of German vegans. Design: Cross-sectional study. Settings: Germany. Subjects: Subjects were recruited through journal advertisements. Of 868 volunteers, only 154 participated in all study segments (pre- and main questionnaire, two...
- NUTRITION HOTLINE. MANGELS, REED // Vegetarian Journal;2015, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p2
The article presents an answer to a question about the availability of vegan high-calorie meal replacement beverages.
- Sport supplement gives vegetarians brain boost. Singer, Emily // New Scientist;8/16/2003, Vol. 179 Issue 2408, p7
Vegetarians facing a tough mental challenge such as an exam might want to consider taking a dietary supplement used by many athletes. Two small studies suggest the supplement, called creatine, boosts the brain power of people who don't eat meat. But it is not yet clear whether these benefits...
- QUALITAS HEALTH. // Functional Ingredients;Nov2013, Issue 133, p47
The article profiles the company Qualitas Health, a company which offers vegetarian food supplements and pharmaceutical ingredients that are based on microalgae. A discussion of reasons why consumers should consider purchasing the company's product Almega PL, which offers long-chain...
- Digestive enzyme supplements: replacement therapy for individuals unwilling to take porcine products. Mayberry, John F. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Aug2014, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p474
A letter to the editor is presented regarding digestive enzyme supplements as alternative treatment for patients with pancreatic failure.
- Vitamin D Clinical Considerations: vegan forms, sustainability, and intermittent prescribing. // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p139
The article previews the Phyta D vitamin D3 supplement from BioMedica.
- The Way to Eat. Katz, David L. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p126
The article presents questions and answers related to diet including whether one can take supplements for low levels of copper and magnesium and how healthy are vegetarian diets recommended by various books and experts.
- Supplement Savvy. James, Curtis // Vegetarian Times;Aug2003, Issue 312, p73
Addresses issues concerning vitamin supplement intake in vegetarians. Reasons for taking vitamin supplements; Dosage recommendations for calcium/magnesium supplements; Supplement needs of pregnant or breast-feeding women; Factors to consider in taking supplements.