HOW DIET INFLUENCES: NUTRITION FOR MEN
- Longer lives with less health often due to lifestyles. // Research Review (International Council on Active Aging);7/31/2013, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p3
The article discusses the findings of a study published in the July 10, 2013 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association" (JAMA) which showed that people who live longer will be burdened with more years of disability and illness. It references research from the Global Burden of...
- POTENCJAÅ ANTYOKSYDACYJNY OWOCÃ“W I WARZYW ORAZ JEGO WPÅYW NA ZDROWIE CZÅOWIEKA. Olędzki, Remigiusz // Engineering Sciences & Technologies / Nauki Inzynierskie i Techn;2012, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p44
A well-balanced diet is the primary factor that affects the length of life and protects our body against diseases of civilization. The antioxidants derived from fruit and vegetables are the group of biomolecules present in the diet, which play an important role in maintaining the health. It is...
- Life expectancy cut by decade in men who have risk factors. // Nursing Standard;10/28/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
The article focuses on research findings into cardiovascular risk factors and male life expectancy. The presence of the risk factors of smoking, high blood pressure and high cholesterol resulted in a reduction in life expectancy of 10 years compared to men without baseline risk factors. The...
- What makes men strong! Pfaff, Sylvia // Wellness Foods Europe;May2012, Issue 1, p36
The article discusses the different factors that help make men strong as it has been observed that men's health tends to go downhill from the age of 40 onwards. The six focal points designed to promote men's health in Germany as specified in the Men's Health Report 2010 are included. Different...
- Health and the ageing male. Kalache, Alexandre // World Health;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the gender perspective in ageing and health. Reasons for the limited attention given to men by the health sector; Life expectancy of men and women; International cooperation to increase the knowledge on ageing men.
- The Vitamin Trap. Moyad, Mark // Best Life;Jun2007, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p90
The article presents tips for men on managing their vitamin intake. One study revealed that high doses of antioxidants can increase one's risk of early death, but the authors did not say that the population studied included people who suffered all sorts of chronic ailments. A healthy male with a...
- Men's health is no better 30 years on. Imm, Nick // Pulse;6/10/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 23, p56
Discusses issues on British men's health. Life expectancy of men; Incidence of suicide among men; Prevalence of testicular cancer.
- Quantum Sufficit. Huntzinger, Amber // American Family Physician;6/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p2041
Presents health-related news briefs in the U.S. Life expectancy gap between men and women; Effect of sports drinks on the teeth; Link between twin pregnancy and obesity; Correlation between suicide and smoking.
- Health minister announces initiatives on men's health. Yamey, Gavin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/08/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7240, p961
Reports on government proposals to promote men's health and address gender inequalities in life expectancy announced by Yvette Cooper, minister for public health in Great Britain. Reason for the failure of promoting men's health; Expectation of Cooper on all national service framework for...