TO BOOST CUSTOMER COUNTS: Spiegel expands catalog of themed events, promotions
- Spiegel adds president. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/27/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 60, p10
Reports that John W. Irvin will become president of Spiegel Catalog effective April 1, 1996. Details of Spiegel's appointment; Background information on Irvin; Retirement of David C. Moon and Kenneth A. Bochenski.
- Spiegel Restructures at the Top. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Jan2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
Reports on executive changes planned at general merchandise cataloger Spiegel. Majority stake owner Otto Versand's plan to install Martin Zaepfel as president and chief executive officer in July 2001; Zaepfel's replacement of Michael Moran and James Sievers; Elimination of the post of office of...
- FAVOURITES FROM THE FOOD HALLS & NIGHT MARKETS. // Metro (NZ);Sep2013, Issue 376, p86
The article offers a list of favourite dishes nominated by the journal's judges from food halls and night markets in New Zealand in 2013 including one from the Ponsonby International Food Court, another one from Sri Lankan stall at the Onehunga Night Market and one from Thai Saps in Food Alley.
- Spiegel's Dhalstrand to Retire. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/22/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 77, p10
Announces that Harold S. Dahlstrand, vice chairman of the board of Spiegel Inc. will retire on November 2, 1998. Other positions held by Dahlstrand in the company.
- HOW TO Eat at YDFM. Franco, Vené // Atlanta;Oct2007, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p86
The article offers information on the cafeteria Your Dekalb Farmers Market (YDFM), in Decatur, Georgia. It is mentioned that YDFM employs a staff from more than thirty nations, and the cafeteria also offers variety of dishes from across the world. The various items available at the cafeteria...
- West Suburban. // Indianapolis Monthly;Jan2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p252
This article presents information about several restaurants in the West Suburban region in Indianapolis, Indiana. At the restaurant Boulder Creek Dining Co., a mountain-lounge atmosphere is the backdrop for wood-roasted pizza, steak, seafood and salads. The restaurant Gray Bros. Cafeteria is a...
- Veggie options for school cafeterias. Kleiner, Ellen // Mothering;Summer91, Issue 60, p96
Announces the introduction of meatless meals at the cafeteria at Shenendehowa High School, near Schenectady, New York after a study on students' preference for a vegetarian sandwich. Favorite meal entrees according to survey results; Information on the American version of Choice! in England.
- Compensation improved for catalog sales workers. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun89, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p41
Reports on the settlement between Spiegel Inc. and Teamsters Local 743 which covers catalog sales employees in Chicago, Illinois. Average pay increase for the workers under the settlement; Benefit changes under the agreement.
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...