SWANSON ADDS REGL. STRUCTURE
- Swanson weathers strike. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p24
Reports on how Swanson Corp.'s food management, vending and catering divisions served meals to ensure the availability of food service for client supervisors covering for striking workers of US West in Nebraska and Iowa. Effect of the strike on vending operations.
- inbrief. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p20
The article presents news briefs in food service industry in the U.S. Richard Cousins was named chief officer of Company Group plc to replace Michael Bailey. Aramark Corp. has a 10-year contract to take over foodservice operations at Children's Hospital. The Swanson Corp. has acquired the Treat...
- ASFSA signs on to EFR effort. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p30
Talks about the Efficient Foodservice Response (EFR) initiative, which promotes the use of modern technologies and processes in order to streamline the food service supply channel from manufacturer to end-user. Sponsor of the initiative; Features of the EFR program.
- LOOKING AHEAD:...AND REMEMBERING. Schruntek, Walter // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p28
Offers opinion on various issues in the U.S. foodservice industry as of December 15, 2002. Suggestions for addressing the changing preferences of consumers; Challenge being faced by foodservice operators; Outlook on trends in the industry.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p20
Presents news and developments concerning the food service industry in the U.S. compiled as of September 2002. Enrollment in courses on restaurants and foodservice management; Winners in an inaugural culinary competition.
- CARTS & KIOSKS: B&Is average 8 per unit; pizza most popular. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p59
Reports on promotional menu activity in noncommercial foodservie operations. Increase in conducted promotions; Estimated growth of the trend; Shift in the use of food and beverage branded kiosk.
- Celebration Health's living laboratory. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p42
Presents information on the foodservices at the Celebration Health hospital in Florida. Description of its facilities; Details on the food service management; Accounts on its catering service success. INSETS: Celebration Health/Florida hospital;Seasons Cafe Fire-Roasted Veggie Wrap.
- EFR gains momentum, credibility within industry. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p54
Reports on the growing support for the Efficient Foodservice Response (EFR) initiative in the industry in the United States. Requirements before the projected $14.3 billion in savings can be realized from EFR; Background on EFR: Aims and goals of the initiative; Marked improvement seen in the...
- Food: Menu profits, healthy fare are moving up. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p48
Offers pieces of advice in order for foodservice operators in the United States to increase their sales. Strategies that can help increase profitability; Trends seen in the inflight foodservice; Forecast on the popularity of ethnic foods.