HHS SECY. SEEKS F/S IMPROVEMENT
- SNFs may help enroll: CMS. Mullaney, Tim // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Aug2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
The article offers information on a final rule issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service according to which organizations may serve as authorized representatives for nursing home residents in the Medicaid application and enrollment process.
- CMS Identifies Most Egregious Errors in New Compliance Report. // Medicare Compliance & Reimbursement;9/7/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 24, pp185
The article focuses on the compliance report by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) which identifies the common billing errors in the U.S. It highlights the background of the services provided to skilled nursing facility (SNF) patients in which physicians' professional services are...
- Pain mismanagement. Williams, Linda // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jun2007, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p52
The article discusses the importance of managing pain. The U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services state that the pain being experienced by nursing home residents is common but is usually not reported, recognized, assessed, or treated, as many of them have cognitive deficits and are unable...
- Feeding a need for workers. Duff, Susanna // Modern Healthcare;4/1/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p4
Reports on a proposal by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to expand nursing home services. Overview of the training of feeding assistants; Significance of the proposal to the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging; Criticisms on the proposal.
- Nursing Home Orders. Loretz-Williams, Lillian; Poggio, Tony; Wunderlich, Robert // Podiatry Management;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p31
Several letters to the editor are presented which are concerned with Medicare guidelines related to podiatrists who visit patients in nursing homes.
- CMS showing its discomfort with arbitration arrangement. Newman, Elizabeth // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Nov2015, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the cautionary statement issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to nursing home residents with regard to binding arbitration agreements.
- The CMS Quality Initiative: Gentlemen, Start Your Computers. Morrison, Malcolm H. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2002, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p60
Unveils the plan of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to implement national mandatory quality-of-care measures for long-term care residents and subacute care patients. Requirements under the measure; Efforts of facilities to develop quality indicators reporting; Ways in which...
- Flu Shots Now Mandatory For LTC Residents. Roman, Linda M. // RN;Nov2005, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on a regulation issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requiring nursing homes to vaccinate their residents against influenza and pneumonia.
- PILOT PROGRAM TRACKS NURSING HOMES. // RN;Jul2009, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will run a pilot program to track how cash incentives to nursing homes affect care. The article also reports that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services began ranking nursing homes in 2008 in a separate initiative.