BETTER BAKED GOODS, JAVA: Value, sales rise in CA hospital
- Rx for a Sweet Tooth. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p64
The Food and Nutrition Department of Rush University Medical Center, under director Linda Lafferty's lead operates four main foodservice units â€” an employee cafeteria, an upscale private club called Room 500, all hospital patient foodservice and two coffee and snackbar kiosks. Offerings...
- New Bakery CafÃ© at U of MN. // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the opening of a bakery cafÃ© at the University of Minnesota by Aramark Corp. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The cafÃ© offers freshly baked artisan, pastries and other baked goods to students of the university. It also serves gourmet soups and salads along with...
- DEBATE OF THE WEEK. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;3/19/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 19, p7
The article discusses whether bake sales should be banned in schools or not.
- Smoothie operator. // Men's Health India;Feb2013, p12
The article examines the food at the health cafe Crostini located in New Delhi, India. It notes that nutritionist Anamika Wadhwa approved of the health practices at the cafe which include using wheat flour for the baked goods and using olive oil for cooking. Wadwa recommends several items from...
- Employee Cafeteria: Coney Island Hosp. to Bring in Brands. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the plans of Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, New York to replace its employee cafeteria with a branded foodcourt. Menus that will be served; Employees of the hospital; Operation of the foodcourt; Food purchases for patient feeding.
- Tampa hospital installs new branded foodcourt. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the completion of Tampa General Hospital in Florida's renovation of its cafeteria. Comments of Mike Smith, senior manager of dietetic services, on the importance of the renovation project; Installation of branded foodcourt that includes Subway, Taco Bell Express and Sbarro's Italian...
- Baked goods cross dayparts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p134
Focuses on the serving of baked goods throughout the day in hospitals and healthcare centers. Examples of lunch for breakfast menus; Variations in lunchtime menus from breakfast leftovers; Baked products which are sold throughout the day; Example of muffin recipes.
- LONDON NEWS. Dimond, Guy // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Apr2005, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p71
Presents information on travel and tourism in London, England. Baked products sold at Le Pain Quotidien, a Belgian bakery; Description of the products of Square Pie Co.; Price of "The Which? Guide to Good Hotels," handbook presenting information on hotels in London.
- MORRISON INSTALLS IN WASHINGTON: CINNABON ENTERS H/C SECTOR. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the addition of Cinnabon bakery products at the cafeteria of Washington Hospital Center in Washington D.C.. Cinnabon sales achieved in 1999; Comments from Jocelyn Lieberman, director of food and nutrition services, about Cinnabon; Computerized order system for Cinnabon products.