DELAYED OPENING ENHANCES MKTG
- Open-Air Markets. // Skipping Stones;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p18
Presents information on open-air markets around the world. Scott Market in Yangon, Myanmar; Cuban markets; Markets in Cebu City, Philippines; Moroccan markets; Chinese market.
- New goal for market: Break even. King, Mason // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on the financial losses posted by the City Market, a downtown landmark in Indianapolis, Indiana. Annual deficits until 1996; Optimism for growth in the City Market's finances; Increase in utility and repair bills that have put the landmark building in the red; Features of the market.
- BALTIC BOUNTY. Lobrano, Alexander // Gourmet;May2002, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p58
Features the Riga Central Market in Daugava River, Latvia. History of the market; Variety of fish being sold; Vegetables offered.
- A French Market Par Excellence. Markhbein, Eliette // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p114
Presents the Hediard marketplace in Paris, France. Reputation of the market's history since 1880; Variety of produce from all over the world sold at the market.
- MARKET WATCH. Leibowitz, Ed // Los Angeles Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p86
Provides information on the Farmers Market in Los Angeles, California. Features of the market; Description of the general atmosphere at the market; Founders of the market.
- To Market: Far-off fusion. Rossant, Juliette // Gourmet;Nov2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p67
Provides information on the polygot market in Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan. Description of the market; Races of vendors in the market; Information on the merchandise sold at the market.
- Northampton decision soon. // Farmers Weekly;2/1/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 5, p26
Reports that the Northampton Market in England will be sold. Two bidders; Amount required to save the site.
- To Market: Dubrovnik. Alper, Nicole // Gourmet;Nov2002, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p54
Describes an open-air market in Gundulic Square in the city of Dubrovnik in Croatia. Specialties available in the market; Dependence of the market produce on the Adriatic climate.
- The timing is right to reposition City Market. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p16
Editorial. Comments on the operation of the Indianapolis City Market in Indianapolis, Indiana. Presence of lunch stands for downtown workers; Historical and architectural recognition; Plans in increasing sales.
- To Market to Market. Smith, Brian D. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p176
Focuses on finding gourmet food at City Market in Indianapolis, Indiana. History of the City Market; Food offerings at the market; Menu of Krzych's; Sophie's Crepe Bistro.