WITH BRANDS, BIGGER MENU: MAINE MARKETPLACE THRIVING
- Well-bread sandwiches. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p72
Focuses on the growing sandwiches segment in the food services market of U.S. universities and colleges. Key element of sandwiches served in universities; In-house bakery opened by the University of Maine in Orono; Sandwich brands opened at the Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
- Screaming on the Black Bears. Souza, Pete // Yankee;Jan94, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the popularity of the University of Maine's hockey team Black Bears among students. Children's high esteem for the players; Children's interest in playing hockey; People's special relationship with the hockey team; Linkage between the Orono Youth Hockey Association and the Black...
- Maine events. Walters, John; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;3/7/94, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p15
Looks at some problems at the athletic department at the University of Maine. NCAA violations that will probably cause the university's hockey, football, women's cross-country, field hockey and women's indoor track teams to forfeit all the victories they had gained up to a certain point in the...
- Back on top. Murphy, Austin // Sports Illustrated;2/27/95, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p74
Celebrates the Maine Black Bears college hockey team, once called the finest hockey team ever. Their resurgence as a top team again. Their poor record in the 1994 season; How six players were lost to the U.S. national team; How others were found academically ineligible; How in the 1995 season...
- The college for antique jewelry knowledge. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;May97, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p13
Highlights the 18th Annual Antique and Period Jewelry and Gemstone Conference to be held at the University of Maine, Orono. Schedule of the conference; How the Jewelry Camp benefit the beginning or expert jewelry collector.
- SALES NEAR $1 MIL. YEARLY: New facility adds catering capacity to Univ. of Maine. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p36
Reports that the University of Maine in Orono, Maine renovated a dining facility and converted it into a venue for special events called Wells Catering and Conference Center. Features of the catering center; Information on the changes in catering services; Additions to the university.
- Building the virtual campus bit by bit: World Wide Web development at the University of Maine. McLeod, Jennifer; White, Michael // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p45
Discusses the work of the task force formed at the University of Maine assigned to develop a campus World Wide Web hypertext system dubbed UMaine Web. Evolution of the task force; Home page model types reviewed by the task force; Implementation; Project assessment.
- Top-quality Web presence offers appeal, consistency, and current information. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p46
Describes the home page model used by the task force formed at the University of Maine to develop a campus World Wide Web hypertext system dubbed UMaine Web. Integration of the brochure and the hierarchical models.
- Jon Lewis: Adding Value to Campus Services. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p22
Profiles Jon Lewis, executive director of student auxiliary services at the University of Maine in Orono, Maine. Background of Lewis; Responsibilities of food service directors; Work philosophy of Lewis.