THANKS TO IN-CLASS SERVICE: B'fast up 100% in Alexandria Cty
- Citations. // American School & University;Aug99, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p24
Features common areas, classrooms, libraries, cafeterias, and other facilities of several schools in the United States. Design; Furniture and fixtures; Contractor and cost of construction.
- Outstanding Projects. // American School & University;Aug99, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p48
Features auditoriums, cafeterias, classrooms, common areas, and other facilities of several schools in the United States. Design; Furniture and fixtures; Cost of construction; Challenges in designing the facilities.
- Action for Healthy Kids Suggests that Improvements are Needed. // Curriculum Review;Oct2008, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the quality of nutrition and on students' food and opportunities for physical activity in U.S. schools. The author suggests that although many schools have adopted policies and made changes, a broad systemic adjustment is needed. Other topics include whole grains, fruits...
- OUTSTANDING DESIGNS. // American School & University;Aug2001, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p78
Lists the name of school facilities in the United States which won outstanding design awards in various categories. Administrative areas and offices; Auditoriums or music rooms; Cafeterias or food-service areas; Worship centers; Classrooms.
- Lowering Voices. // NEA Today;Fall2011, p29
The article describes methods for keeping students from being too loud, including using differently-colored cups to signify excessive noise levels in a school cafeteria and using incentives to keep students quiet in a classroom.
- Where to stay. // In Britain;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p27
Focuses on the accommodations provided by several universities and colleges in Great Britain. Description of the classrooms; Availability of self-catering facilities; Accessibility of college sports facilities to the students.
- There are B.U.G.S. in the Cafeteria! Hinshaw, Craig // Arts & Activities;May2007, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p32
The article offers a look at the B.U.G.S program initiated by the lunchroom staff at Edmonton Elementary in Davidson, Michigan. The goal of B.U.G.S., which means Being Unusually Good Students, is to achieve better discipline in the school cafeteria during lunchtime. Two school-wide art projects...
- I START THE YEAR WITH NOTHING. REYNOLDS, NANCY BARNO // Teaching Tolerance;Spring2014, Issue 46, p22
The article demonstrates how the use of a wish list encouraged middle school students to accomplish certain tasks and establish a foundation for a democratic classroom. Some of the accomplishments of the students and their parents are cited, including the establishment of a publishing center and...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.