SEEKING 'WELL-KNOWN' COFFEE: Best Buy mulling best f/s plans for new HQ location
- Best Buy Taking Magnolia In-House, To Shut 7 Stores. WOLF, ALAN // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/23/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that the Magnolia Audio Video specialty chain will now be directly controlled by Best Buy. The specialty chains would be integrated with Best Buy's in-store Magnolia shops and will operate under a new management structure at the company's corporate headquarters in Richfield,...
- Flexibility to the Fullest. Kiger, Patrick J. // Workforce Management;9/25/2006, Vol. 85 Issue 18, p1
This article deals with the Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE) program conducted at Best Buy's corporate headquarters. In ROWE, most of the rules, restrictions and expectations within which corporate workers traditionally labor--such as keeping regular hours and showing up at the office each...
- Best Buy to Cut 300 Jobs At Headquarters. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;4/9/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the 2006 plan of Best Buy Co. to cut jobs at its headquarters in Richfield, Minnesota. Purpose of the plan of Best Buy; Statement issued by Best Buy spokesperson Dawn Bryant regarding the plan; Financial performance of the company in the fourth quarter of 2005.
- Velocity Micro In Larger Quarters. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/18/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p106
The article reports that high-end computer maker Velocity Micro has officially opened the doors on its new headquarters and manufacturing facility in Virginia. The 34,000-square-foot building will house the firm's office staff and production facilities. The new facility building is four times...
- Best Buy Cuts Spending In "Most Challenging" Environment Ever. // Music Trades;Feb2009, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p80
The article reports on the move of Best Buy Co. Inc. to reduce its capital spending in half and offer buyout packages to nearly all of its 4,000 headquarter employees amid the challenging consumer environment the company has ever faced in the U.S. The firm's 2008 third quarter net earnings...
- Stock Exchange to sublet space at Paternoster Sq . // Estates Gazette;6/7/2003, Issue 323, p40
Reports that the London Stock Exchange, advised by Insignia, is looking to sublet over a third of its headquarters at 10 Paternoster Square, EC4. Details on Paternoster House.
- HARD LINES. // Chain Store Age;Oct2005, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p26
Presents an update on hardware chain stores in the U.S. as of October 2005. Expansion of the customer services offered by Best Buy Co.; Consolidation of the headquarters of OfficeMax Inc. in Illinois; Number of stores planned to be opened by housewares retailer Bed Bath & Beyond in 2006.
- Best Buy's earful of music is pocketful of gold. Hisey, Pete // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p51
Reports on Best Buy's hopes to be the leading consumer electronics retailer in 1995 in the United States. Sales performance; Marketing strategy; History of Best Buy in the music business.
- Best Buy rekindles upscale housewares venture. Hisey, Pete // Discount Store News;3/4/96, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p3
Reports on Best Buy's plan to enter the upscale housewares market. Rate of the expansion of the chain's appliance department; Projected growth in sales for the next 12 months; Comments for senior vice president for marketing, Phil Schoonover.