AND POS SPEEDS THROUGHPUT: Mall influence helps revamp California school foodcourt
- Label makers. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the introduction of point-of-sale nutrition labeling of cafeteria items in high schools and middle schools in Waterloo, Iowa in January 2005. Comments of Sherry Cliffton, food service director and Sodexho general manager, on the objective of the effort; Background on the nutritional...
- NEW SYSTEM OFFERS CARDS, PINS: BURBANK LUNCH LINES SHRINK. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the implementation of an Accu-Scan point-of-sale system at Burbank Unified School District's cafeteria in California. Disadvantages of using the previous system.
- POS empowers NJ kids, parents. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p16
The article considers the conversion of Cherry Hill School District in New Jersey to a computerized point-of-sale system as of February 2006. More students who qualify for free or reduced-priced meals in the school district are participating in lunch, while parents are enjoying more control...
- ARAMARK TAKES OVER UNIV. CITY: St. Louis district seeks fdsvc. upgrade with contractor. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p42
Highlights the activities of the School District of University City in Saint Louis, Missouri with regard to its food service. Selection of Aramak to run the district's food service operation; Adoption of an electronic point-of-sale system by the school district; Upgrades made to food...
- Tennessee Titan. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
The article profiles Mary Lou Henry, food service director for Knox County, Tennessee schools. She installed a computerized point-of-sale system, which replaced the old cash register system. Among other things, the new system allows for easier tracking of student meals and transferring of...
- Voice-based IDs Go POS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p56
The article reports that a voice biometrics company and point-of-sale system producer have joined to develop an accurate voice recognition-based identification, verification and payment system for school cafeterias in the U.S. According to the author, the system provides a practical,...
- School District Dishes Up Sushi. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article deals with the addition of sushi to the Ã la carte menu at the high schools of Jeffco Public Schools in Golden, Colorado.
- Brevard schools self-fund renov. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the opening of the Westshore Junior/Senior High School in Brevard County, Florida. Features of the school's renovated foodcourt; Meal options.
- IN CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOLS: PRE-WRAPS SPEEDING SERVICE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of two high schools in Cleveland, Ohio to set up stations that will offer pre-wrapped food products. Expected benefits of the food stations; Details on the food products to be served.