New Mexico Changes State Tests, Taps Familiar Names in Testing
- Predictors of success on the Texas state certification tests for secondary teaching. Chambers, Sharon; Munday, Robert; Sienty, Sarah; Justice, Madeline // College Student Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p10
Investigates the predictors of future teachers' success on the Examination for Certification of Educators in Texas. Level of student ability in areas of academic achievement; Independent effects of grade-point average, age, gender, critical thinking abilities, reading ability and Texas Academic...
- Helping Kids Excel on State-Mandated Tests. Ciaccio, Joseph // Education Digest;Jan2000, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p21
Presents information on student-centered, activity-oriented programs to help children excel on state-mandated tests. Benefits of active learning activity; Importance of satisfying the emotional needs and self-esteem of students.
- Examination Results. // Management Services;Jan2001, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p40
Presents a list of those who passed the examinations for the Certificate and Diploma awards of the Institute of Management Services, as of January 2001.
- QUIZ 1. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);03/05/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p6
Presents a quiz on women's sports and educational achievement.
- PAQ beds down with strong set of results. // Public Finance;8/4/2006, p28
The article reports on the performance of CIPFA students in their June 2006 Professional Accountancy Qualification (PAQ) exams in Great Britain. The improvement in the pass rates for the last two years is discussed. Names of examinees for CIPFA's Certificate, Diploma and Final Test of...
- Exam performance and GPA for first-semester biology students. Montague, Jeremy R. // Journal of College Science Teaching;Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p245
Discusses the use of SAT scores and other predictors to analyze first-semester biology students' performance on hourly, in-semester exams. Predictors; Hourly exam format; Analyses using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Forecasting and Managing Student Achievement on High-Stakes Tests. Gardner, Steve // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the forecasting and management of student achievement on high stakes examination in the United States. Debate over high stake examination; Correlation between student progress and performance; Curriculum solutions over high stake issues.
- Testing. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;06/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p12
Reports development related to academic examinations in the United States as of June 2001. Petition on end social studies and science tests; Cancellation of math and English tests; Appeal against high-stakes testing.
- Changes in student attributions due to the implementation of central exit exams. Oerke, Britta; Maag Merki, Katharina; Holmeier, Monika; Jäger, Daniela // Educational Assessment, Evaluation & Accountability;Aug2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p223
The central aim of standardized exit exams is to motivate students and teachers to work harder on critical subject matters and thus increase student achievement. However, the effects of the implementation of central exams on student motivation have not been analyzed in a longitudinal section...