Thomson Learning's South-Western Publishing Unit Pursues Elementary School Market
- Turn students into city builders. // Curriculum Review;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p8
Suggests how young gradeschoolers can cover mathematics, science, language arts, and social studies by creating and operating a working city in the classroom. What the children did as city residents; Information on the experiment when acted out by third graders at Greenbriar West Elementary in...
- Students take off with airplane classroom. // Curriculum Review;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on how a world language class at Apple Valley, Minnesota's Diamond Valley Elementary took flight, when parents of students at the school decorated the classroom to look like a Boeing 747 interior. What classes took the 747's inaugural flight; Materials used to set up the class.
- Tracking patterns persist. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;12/04/96, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p28
Reports that special programs designed to help low-achieving elementary students fail to return them to the educational mainstream according to two researchers from Johns Hopkins University. Findings of sociologists Karl L. Alexander and Doris R. Entwisle; Analysis on longitudinal data from...
- Speak out. // Creative Kids;Summer97, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Presents the views of different school children in the United States on their reactions to people who judge other persons by how they look.
- The child in the elementary school. Howe, Frederick C. // Child Study Journal;1993, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p227
Profiles the characteristics of children aged four and a half to twelve years within the elementary school in the United States. Examination of physical, mental, and psychosocial development; Summary of behavioral development; Examination of special education teachers' perceptions of special...
- Run rabbit run. Jones, Bryan L. // Teacher Magazine;May/June97, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p32
Recalls a classmate in grade school who was different from the rest of the other children. Boy as much bigger than the rest of the other children; Skills in hunting; Chores done at home; Winning at a track competition; Quitting of school.
- Untitled. // Highlights for Children;Mar2008, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p29
A list of school children in the U.S. is presented.
- Rule Elementary releases honor roll for 2nd six weeks. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);11/13/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p2
A list is presented of students selected for the honor roll at the elementary school of Rule, Texas, including Danny Kreger, Alysia Hollabaugh, and Thomas Short.
- I'll get by with a little help from my friends. // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 193, p12
Presents the various advice of elementary school students in the United States to their fellow students who are moving up to a grade. Need to get along with others; Avoid getting scared; Asking the teacher for problems.